Connecting / airport transit inside PEK Beijing Capital

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2019, 6:40 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
I have this flight booked as a single UA award on UA ticket stock:

Flight 1: BKK-PEK 1:05 am - 6:30 am (4h 25m) CA 980 Air China
5h 45m connection
Flight 2: PEK-ORD 12:15 pm - 11:15 am (13h) UA 850 United Airlines

Does anyone know if Air China will issue a UA boarding pass for PEK-ORD when I checkin in BKK? If not, when I try to get it at the United transfer desk in PEK, would they not be open at 6:30am when I land?

Thanks.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 6:43 pm

Probably you'll get the PEK-ORD BP at BKK indeed, yes.

There is no "United transfer desk", but rather a (generic) transfer desk. Which would help you out in case you don't have a boarding pass yet, and would prefer to stay airside. And yes, they're staffed at 6.30am. Which is actually still busy (worst is around 6am, just when the day shift at immigration starts and tons of pax are already queued up since the night shift is usually overrun as most long hauls get into PEK around 5.30am)
Old Jan 25, 2019, 6:52 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Probably you'll get the PEK-ORD BP at BKK indeed, yes.

There is no "United transfer desk", but rather a (generic) transfer desk. Which would help you out in case you don't have a boarding pass yet, and would prefer to stay airside. And yes, they're staffed at 6.30am. Which is actually still busy (worst is around 6am, just when the day shift at immigration starts and tons of pax are already queued up since the night shift is usually overrun as most long hauls get into PEK around 5.30am)
Thank you.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 8:46 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by cheltzel
Thanks for the heads up! Found it starting in post 9 in the following thread. But @qasr describes the process starting in post 42, Where is this Gate B indicated in the OPs photo?

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chin...ansit-pek.html
Thanks for finding the link. Unfortunately it does not work anymore. Appreciate anyone who can resurrect the link, thanks.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 8:37 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
I am considering a set of flights on Air China (*A), with a 2 hour 40 minute connection (HNL-PEK-HKG). Is this enough time in real life?

Minimum Connect Times per Expert Flyer are:STANDARD.D/D...D/I...I/D...I/I.
ONLINE 1.30 2.00 2.00 2.00
OFFLINE 1.30 2.00 2.00 2.00

Many thanks!
Old Feb 2, 2019, 11:53 pm

Plenty of time. You walk down the hall and pass security to access the departure area.
747FC likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 10:04 am

Plenty of time, smooth and easy connection.
747FC likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 5:09 pm

CA to CA (both international - YUL - PEK - BKK) connection coming up later this month with only 1:35 to connect - getting a bit worried that might not be enough. Thoughts? Thanks!
Old Feb 6, 2019, 6:33 pm

It should be ok. You just need to pass security to get to the gate.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 1:30 pm

Programs: UA GS and 1MM; SPG/Marr Plat; Hilton Gold
SFO-PEK-SIN

Considering a connecting flight in PEK with a 1:10 layover.

UA SFO-PEK (arrives 3:30pm)
SQ PEK-SIN (departs 4:40pm)

Is this layover realistic?

I am familiar with PEK airport, but have never transited through it. I beilieve both flights are in T3. I have a 10 year Chinese visa, although I shouldn’t need it. Bags should be checked through to SIN, but not sure if I need to claim them in PEK and recheck with SQ.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 1:58 pm

Completely realistic, and IF (small chance at that time) there are really long queues at the transfer security, there is a screen which shows upcoming departures and which allows you to queue-jump.

Unless the incoming flight is more than 30min late (very unlikely) you'll make your connection.

Luggage is checked through.

It's a smooth connection (but if everything goes right, you still have enough time for a quick beer at the lounge) but I'd definitely book it. Especially since SIN isn't difficult to reach from PEK, so it wouldn't like a 24hr (or more!) delay IF your UA flight would be massively late.

edit: Next time, only post this on FT once! clear breach of FT rules.

Last edited by YuropFlyer; Feb 8, 2019 at 2:07 pm
Old Feb 8, 2019, 3:24 pm

Programs: UA GS and 1MM; SPG/Marr Plat; Hilton Gold
Thanks, and noted on the single post.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I'm considering ULN-PEK-SHA with a 90 minute connection in PEK. Single ticket operated by CA, so entirely in T3. I've been to PEK before, but never attempted an INT-DOM connection. Is 90 minutes reasonable or asking for trouble?

I have a 10-yr Chinese visa, if that matters.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 1:59 pm

Perfectly fine. Either you got a fast connection or rebooked into the next flight. PEK SHA sees more than enough flight a day so worst case you will be on the next one a bit later..
Old Feb 22, 2019, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by swingaling
I'm considering ULN-PEK-SHA with a 90 minute connection in PEK. Single ticket operated by CA, so entirely in T3. I've been to PEK before, but never attempted an INT-DOM connection. Is 90 minutes reasonable or asking for trouble?

I have a 10-yr Chinese visa, if that matters.
Coming from ULN, your luggage will not be checked through. You need to pick them up and check-in. Check-in usually end 45 minutes before departure so I doubt that you'll make it.
Assuming that this is on one ticket, then they'll put you on the next available flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.