Wiki Posts
Search

Slingbox in China

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2006, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
Slingbox in China

Does anyone know if one can watch the Slingbox feed in China or not? Thanks.
Old Sep 14, 2006, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Worked for me at GH Shanghai RC last Christmas.
Feed was watchable but far from stunning.
Old Sep 14, 2006, 2:27 pm

Programs: DL SM Diamond, AA Ex. Platinum, Ph.D in STFU
My answer is a little different. When I was in Beijing and Shanghai, and used the hotel internet I could not use slingbox, until I used my VPN for work.

I think its similar to using google to search something like tiananmen square in china and only seeing pro gov sites, and then using my vpn connection and getting 400k more hits.
Old Sep 18, 2006, 5:10 am

Originally Posted by Big_Dutch
I think its similar to using google to search something like tiananmen square in china and only seeing pro gov sites, and then using my vpn connection and getting 400k more hits.
I'm not sure that Goolgle filters results to that extent. www.google.com at least.

But of the top 10 results, the top 6 have a 'ploblem loading page', and 7, 8, 9 and 10 consist of 'Travel China Guide' (x2) and 'The China Guide' (x2) - both of which plug the 'long history', but neglect the 1989 bit of it.
Old Sep 18, 2006, 8:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

a friend has been using viidoo.com in sh for the past week or so and loves it. (i haven't had time to play with it yet, but will do so asap)
Old Aug 10, 2010, 1:10 pm

Programs: AC*E
I'm leaving for China in a few weeks. My current blackberry is NOT 3G (through T-Mobile) and used almost exclusively for work e-mail. I usually have coverage wherever I am in China (unlimited international data plan)... but I'm wondering:

* if I were to upgrade to a 3G phone, would I have "3G coverage" in most areas in China (mostly Guangdong/Shenzhen area),
* Can I watch my slingbox using 3G in these areas under my "unlimited international data" plan?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.