Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Waiguo visitors' dispositions toward other waiguoren in China

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2005, 6:26 pm
Original Poster

Waiguo visitors' dispositions toward other waiguoren in China

During my most recent visit to China, I noticed waiguo (viz., Caucasian) visitors either as individuals, or as parts of small groups, tending to avoid other waiguoren, to the point of pretending not to notice one another if they happened to cross paths. In the past, I have tended towards places where I was among few if any waiguoren, so I hadn't really paid any attention until now. I certainly wouldn't call what I saw hostility toward fellow foreign visitors, but I would say there appeared to be a certain coldness. For comparison, I tried to observe whether something like this occurs among Korean or Japanese visitors, but it was hard discern anything. Has anyone else noticed this? If so, any explanations?
Old Sep 17, 2005, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
I'm Chinese, and I definitely avoid other Chinese at tourist locations here in the US...

Well, don't know if that answers your question or not. Hehehe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.