15 day visa free entry for nationals of 6 nations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

15 day visa free entry for nationals of 6 nations

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2024, 3:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
I've had hard times during hotel check-in explaining that I don't have any recent arrival stamps, as I use eChannel. I often have to stop them from looking through the passport where they're searching for the latest stamp.
"I don't have an entry stamp as I used electronic arrival procedures: I arrived in China on xxxx" in Chinese, they nod and acknowledge that, then proceed again to look for the most recent arrival stamp.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by narvik
I've had hard times during hotel check-in explaining that I don't have any recent arrival stamps, as I use eChannel. I often have to stop them from looking through the passport where they're searching for the latest stamp.
"I don't have an entry stamp as I used electronic arrival procedures: I arrived in China on xxxx" in Chinese, they nod and acknowledge that, then proceed again to look for the most recent arrival stamp.
You can print out the slip each time you enter using echannel.
uanj and narvik like this.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by travelinmanS
Each time I enter China, I am certain I won't be staying in a hotel....and then often do anyway. 😀
uanj likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 12:49 am

Originally Posted by travelinmanS
Okay, inquiring minds want to know: how do you print out the slip?
Will definitely need this in the future.

(At a Holiday Inn, and it took about 10 minutes and 4 times explaining that I don't have a current arrival stamp. )
Old Jan 13, 2024, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by moondog
I honestly can't recall the last time a hotel check-in person asked me to see a visa. I suppose some local PSBs might make up their own rules though.
Huh? Every time I stayed at a hotel in China they tear apart my passport looking for the date of entry stamp, and the relevant visa. By law they have to take a picture of the visa and send it to local police. Now of course they can "forget" to do that, but only if you have a great relationship with the hotel in question.
narvik likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 1:10 am

Originally Posted by Cathay Boy
Huh? Every time I stayed at a hotel in China they tear apart my passport looking for the date of entry stamp, and the relevant visa. By law they have to take a picture of the visa and send it to local police. Now of course they can "forget" to do that, but only if you have a great relationship with the hotel in question.
100% agree. Just had a pic taken an hour ago at a hotel of: front of passport, info page, and visa.

Me thinks 'moondog' exclusively stays at the "Vincent Executive Hotel & Suites"!
Old Jan 13, 2024, 2:19 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
Really? In Guangdong, I never had more than a quick bored look at my passport, and a scan/photocopy of what seemed like the first page given how quick it was (certainly too fast to fish out the current stamp out of scores on the passport).
tauphi likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 2:21 am

Originally Posted by maalloc
Really? In Guangdong, I never had more than a quick bored look at my passport, and a scan/photocopy of what seemed like the first page given how quick it was (certainly too fast to fish out the current stamp out of scores on the passport).
Interesting. Must be a regional then?
Old Jan 13, 2024, 2:29 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
Interesting. Must be a regional then?
Could very well be.

And I can confirm that when I entered Shenzhen visa-free on Dec 2nd, 2023, so just 24h after the start of the program, it didn't raise an eyebrow at the hotel.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 2:57 am

Just had a pic taken an hour ago at a hotel of: front of passport, info page, and visa.
They made no pictures of your face? They made that each time we checked in a hotel.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by 31570324
They made no pictures of your face? They made that each time we checked in a hotel.
Dang. There really are crazy differences it seems. (Never had a pic of myself taken.)
Old Jan 13, 2024, 6:32 am

Programs: FB Gold
My expérience few weeks ago wasn't that strict. They scanned in my passeport, that was it. Forget if they looked for the visa but they didn't scan that in or look at stamps.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Okay, inquiring minds want to know: how do you print out the slip?
Will definitely need this in the future.

(At a Holiday Inn, and it took about 10 minutes and 4 times explaining that I don't have a current arrival stamp. )
The machines are usually right after the echannel gates. They are call something like “self printing of entry proof” or similar. You put your passport photo page on the reader, it asks if you want to print out the receipt and you press 打印. Then a small piece of paper comes out showing your entry date and entry location. They also have these machines when leaving for printing exit proof.
narvik likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2024, 12:51 pm

That was my experience prior to 2023 as well. However, during my recent trip to China in December, I stayed at over ten Hilton-brand hotels and not a single one asked to see my visa which is in a separate passport.
Old Jan 15, 2024, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by maalloc
That might be the key. All my recent stays were within Guangdong.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.