Community
Wiki Posts
Search

15 day visa free entry for nationals of 6 nations

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2023, 1:24 am

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Chinese post pandemic visa procedures for Germans became rather ridiculous... first they required fingerprint capturing at the consulate (similar to what is required by the Germans in China) with an epic application form in a process that took 3 weeks on average then they threatened to only have one such facility in Berlin. Then they backed off on that and now it's visa on arrival? I didn't hear any reports from my Chinese colleagues that the Germans have relaxed anything...
Veering into OMNI territory, but the four EU countries were chosen for very specific political and economic reasons. If you follow the news you should have a good idea what China wants from them. China absolutely understands they cannot expect EU visa reciprocity, they are expecting something else. The program runs for a year, so if China doesn't make the progress they are seeking they may choose to discontinue it.

Regardless, it's good news for now for travelers from those countries.
moondog and narvik like this.
Old Dec 3, 2023, 2:51 am

Anyone found the official rules about this visa exemption? Will it be possible to enter china at any airport or border crossing point or just at the airports which offered the 72/144 hours visa exemption before?
Old Dec 3, 2023, 4:17 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
Glad to confirm I just entered mainland from HK at the Lo Wu pedestrian checkpoint.
Just checked « visa free » on the entry form and in I went , no questions asked.
The whole health declaration drama and temperature check is over, too, which is nice.
tom tulpe, m.y, Jiatong and 2 others like this.

Last edited by maalloc; Dec 3, 2023 at 11:59 pm
Old Dec 11, 2023, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by maalloc
Glad to confirm I just entered mainland from HK at the Lo Wu pedestrian checkpoint.
Just checked « visa free » on the entry form and in I went , no questions asked.
The whole health declaration drama and temperature check is over, too, which is nice.
Curious to know whether you had to do any of the customs or health forms on wechat (or any other platform). Sounds all too good to be true
Old Dec 11, 2023, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by timesnaps
Curious to know whether you had to do any of the customs or health forms on wechat (or any other platform). Sounds all too good to be true
As stated above, all health declaration forms are no longer required.
Indeed, it was weirdly easy.
Luckily there was this super long queue for foreigner passports (about 1h). Otherwise it would have felt like going to China is as fast and straightforward as entering Singapore or HK.
Old Dec 11, 2023, 9:19 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA Lifetime Plat, IHG SE
Originally Posted by maalloc
As stated above, all health declaration forms are no longer required.
Indeed, it was weirdly easy.
Luckily there was this super long queue for foreigner passports (about 1h). Otherwise it would have felt like going to China is as fast and straightforward as entering Singapore or HK.
by super long, taking an hour, you mean about 10 or 15 people ahead of you? That was my experience at Huanggang 1.5 months ago. 2 am, 8-10 people ahead of me, one hour to get through.

Have to look at all 36 pages of each person's passport, you know. Loupe is optional
Old Dec 11, 2023, 11:19 pm

Yes, same situation. About 15 ppl in each lane, moving at a snail pace.
Old Dec 12, 2023, 1:42 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Our corporate TA/visa service is sending out messages that you can do this only once a year and have to apply for a visa after the first visa free entry. Any truth to that?
Old Dec 12, 2023, 1:49 am

Our corporate TA/visa service is sending out messages that you can do this only once a year and have to apply for a visa after the first visa free entry. Any truth to that?
I doubt that's true.
The China Embassy in France published this two-liner PR, no mention of such limitation:
Avis sur l?exemption de visa chinois pour les titulaires de passeports ordinaires de six pays y compris la France
Old Dec 12, 2023, 6:02 am

Programs: FB Gold
Doubt it. Not aware of any time restriction (like X number of days between visits).

I know a Chinese person who got German citizenship but still visits family from time to time. We laughed and said, he could go to the mainland for 2 weeks, take a day trip to Taiwan or Hong Kong, and re-enter mainland for another two weeks visa-free
Old Dec 12, 2023, 7:35 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
My wife has done back to back TWOVs, separated by a few days.
Same immigration people processed her both times, and recognized her on the second time around.
Old Dec 12, 2023, 8:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Post deleted (wrong thread)

Last edited by moondog; Dec 12, 2023 at 8:48 am
Old Dec 14, 2023, 1:49 am

On a side note - I saw the Chinese Embassy in Oslo was reducing the visa fee table through December 31st 2024. Visas are now 150 NOK less from what I can see down from 600 NOK (56 USD) to 450 NOK (42 USD).
However I have not obtained a Chinese visa since they introduced the visa service center nonsense here in Oslo so I do not know how much it is on top of that. Last time was in 2018 and the embassy still dealt with that matter directly. I believe the visa center came in 2019 or something.
Old Dec 14, 2023, 3:49 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The fee for all citizens of the Schengen member states has been reduced from 60€ to 45€. The announcement came out on Dec 8 and is effective December 11.
narvik likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2023, 8:04 pm

Entered China at Kunming airport with my Dutch passport. No questions asked beside they asked my for my visa but after telling them that I don't have one, they said that I can stay for 15 days without one.
Queue wasn't long but very slowly, so even at this smaller airport it took about an hour.
uanj, tom tulpe, goodgirl and 3 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.