Search

Hainan visa free experience

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2023, 8:08 pm
m.y
Original Poster

Programs: AC 75k, Marriott Titanium
Hainan visa free experience

Just want to document my recent experience visiting Hainan visa free as there isn't much information online (many information are also outdated).

Visitors from 59 nations can visit Hainan visa free up to 30 days with following restrictions.

You must stay within Hainan province, which means you must fly non stop to and from Hainan. (Arriving in SYX and depart out of HAK or vice versa is ok, you cannot connect via another Chinese mainland city). If you want to travel to another Chinese city outside of Hainan, you must go to immigration office to apply for a permit.

You don't need to apply ahead or contact any travel agency, just show check in staff and Immigration official printout of the hotel and flight reservation.
YariGuy and narvik like this.

Last edited by m.y; Nov 14, 2023 at 2:50 am
Old Nov 14, 2023, 5:28 pm

Programs: MU Platinum, HH Diamond
The easiest way to do this is probably through HKG, no? Where else does Haikou or Sanya fly internationally?
Old Nov 15, 2023, 9:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by YariGuy
The easiest way to do this is probably through HKG, no? Where else does Haikou or Sanya fly internationally?
Sanya doesn't have a lot of international flights, but it's possible to fly to Haikou from most east and southeast Asian countries.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 1:05 pm
m.y
Original Poster

Programs: AC 75k, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by moondog
Sanya doesn't have a lot of international flights, but it's possible to fly to Haikou from most east and southeast Asian countries.
HAK also has flights to SYD, MEL and AKL.
Old Dec 14, 2023, 7:51 pm

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
Flew from Beijing to Sanya with my 10-year multi entry- 60 day visa that Mainland hotels had to verify, copy, etc. as its in my old passport.
In Sanya, at hotel check in (2 now, with one to go next week) they do NOT check the visa... just the stamp in the US passport.
-So Hainan, is truly visa free !.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 3:29 am

Originally Posted by Jiatong
Flew from Beijing to Sanya with my 10-year multi entry- 60 day visa that Mainland hotels had to verify, copy, etc. as its in my old passport.
In Sanya, at hotel check in (2 now, with one to go next week) they do NOT check the visa... just the stamp in the US passport.
-So Hainan, is truly visa free !.
The hotel not checking the visa might not be specific to Hainan. My visa has been in my old passport for a while now and no hotels in Shenzhen have asked to see my old passport at check-in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.