Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HKG to PEK

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2023, 1:34 am
Original Poster

HKG to PEK

I am flying from HKG to PEK. Any recommendation? I wonder if I should take CA. CX or something else..
Old Nov 8, 2023, 2:07 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
One way or return?
When?
Economy or Business?
Current airline frequent flyer member?
Non-stop or stops okay?

Personally, for a O/W I'd choose Business Class with Juneyao via PVG to PKX.
But very likely almost no one else on here would!
Old Nov 8, 2023, 2:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by narvik
Personally, for a O/W I'd choose Business Class with Juneyao via PVG to PKX.
But very likely almost no one else on here would!
Oh, my! I think I'd rather have my toenails pulled out.

Personally, I'd go with CX, assuming the airplane is nice (i.e pretty much anything other than a 320), and the price is within $50 of other nonstops.

ETA: I just did a quick flight search, and on the date I queried both CA and CX were nearly 4x the price of everything else (~$400 v ~$110). My fondness for CX definitely doesn't run that deep . Given that, those CZ 330s to PKX for $102 would be my top pick, assuming PKX was convenient. Otherwise UO to PEK for $118 is fine too.

Last edited by moondog; Nov 8, 2023 at 2:35 am
Old Nov 8, 2023, 7:10 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
It's a ~3h flight ... Y is probably comparable, maybe marginally better on CX. I'd choose PEK over PKX any day, but that depends on your final destination. PEK is 20 mins from where I live, PKX is over an hour.
Old Nov 9, 2023, 12:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Palal
It's a ~3h flight ... Y is probably comparable, maybe marginally better on CX. I'd choose PEK over PKX any day, but that depends on your final destination. PEK is 20 mins from where I live, PKX is over an hour.
If you value in flight entertainment then CX is your choice by a wide margin. It depends on how much that is worth to the traveler. Also remember that even if you load up your phone with shows you won't be able to watch them during the last hour of the flight on any CAAC airline as they start their descent process ridiculously early and will hassle you to take off your earphones immediately.
Old Nov 10, 2023, 3:25 pm

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
Welcome to FT, Just flew to HKG RT this week for a couple days. Flew Air China due to the star alliance benefits, mostly of the lounges. The BJ T3E one is okay, so so hot food, the HK plaza premium lounge for AC is fabulous. RT was $367 this week with purchase from a secondary travel site at the beginning of the week. Airport express subway at T3 is @ gate 5 if u don't have much or large luggage. Surprised its only 25 rmb after 4 years to get downtown BJ.

The new arrival entry cards are similar to September 2023 with a couple tweaks. My IT skills are limited, so ill fax them over to king MD to figure out how to post them on this forum somewhere.The only question asked me was my religion...
-MD has an amazing 40,000+ posts on FT. WOW.
Old Nov 13, 2023, 3:06 am

I thought there is an express train from PKX into town? CZ is having some really good deals especially transiting to further afield in Beijing.
Old Nov 13, 2023, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by hkskyline
I thought there is an express train from PKX into town?
I don't know a single person who would describe the southwest corner of line 10 as "in town".
m.y and Cryofern like this.
Old Nov 13, 2023, 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by moondog
I don't know a single person who would describe the southwest corner of line 10 as "in town".
I wouldn't think PEK is "in town" either.
Old Nov 14, 2023, 12:15 am

Originally Posted by hkskyline
I wouldn't think PEK is "in town" either.
it's not, but it's a lot closer to downtown than PKX is, Chaoyang and Shunyi have been receiving FDI for over 40 years, and the AEX does go into town.

Last edited by moondog; Nov 14, 2023 at 12:28 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.