Wiki Posts
Search

Health declaration form

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2023, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Health declaration form

My friend, an European citizen, is transiting in Beijing. She is having trouble getting Wechat to work and may not be able to use it to show the health form. Does anyone know if there's a way to show it without Wechat, like paper form on arrival?
Old Oct 19, 2023, 12:51 pm

I used the links from the Emirates China COVID-19 page: https://www.emirates.com/cn/english/...tination/china. Just tell your colleague to click on the "Required Documents" section to access the health declaration form.

Also, for me anyway, my Chrome browser didn't get along with the health declaration links. However, Brave browser worked fine.

​​​​​​
italdesign likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 3:17 pm

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
So true

Originally Posted by italdesign
My friend, an European citizen, is transiting in Beijing. She is having trouble getting Wechat to work and may not be able to use it to show the health form. Does anyone know if there's a way to show it without Wechat, like paper form on arrival?
One might also need it for the boarding process, what i did in Chicago, have a trustworthy friend with your information, (who has WeChat & knows Chinese) do the health form & screenshot a quality QR code to U via email, or some message software. Date code expire issue 'might' need to be close. Save the screenshot on your phone.
Good luck.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 5:59 pm

Oh ... they haven't gotten rid of that health QR code yet?
Old Oct 20, 2023, 4:00 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Originally Posted by hkskyline
Oh ... they haven't gotten rid of that health QR code yet?
Health code QR still required, yes.
They dropped a lot of the questions though, so it's pretty simple now.
No Covid test required.

Some are speculating/hoping that they might be keeping it alive so they can eventually transfer/integrate it with the 'arrival card'.
Old Oct 20, 2023, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They have machines at arrivals/departure where people can fill in this form offline and print out a receipt or something. I don’t know exactly how it works but I’ve seen people using them at PVG.

They need to get rid of this form, causes unnecessary pile ups on both arrival and departure.
Old Oct 20, 2023, 10:11 pm

direct link: https://htdecl.chinaport.gov.cn
(yes, this is technically what FindingFoodFluency already provided)
works fine in Firefox, just very slow (as expected) if on roaming data
Old Oct 25, 2023, 4:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by travelinmanS
They have machines at arrivals/departure where people can fill in this form offline and print out a receipt or something. I don’t know exactly how it works but I’ve seen people using them at PVG.
I used a machine one time upon arrival...pretty easy process TBH.

They need to get rid of this form, causes unnecessary pile ups on both arrival and departure.
The fingerprinting and face-scans are more significant time sucks, based on my observations.
Old Oct 25, 2023, 8:42 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Flying into/out of HET earlier this year, I was forced to use the machine, despite having the QR code on my phone. The machines are relatively easy to use, and you won't have issues if you can't pull up the QR code on your phone.
I would recommend your friend install Alipay as well.
uanj likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2023, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Health declaration is going away November 1st. The last remnant of the glorious zero Covid policy is gone!
Palal, Jiatong, lsquare and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 29, 2023, 2:45 am

Looks like the declarations will be gone as of Nov 1 according to today's announcement.
Jiatong and narvik like this.
Old Oct 29, 2023, 3:38 am

Nice. I arrive Nov 1!

Actually, I just got an email from Asiana that a "QR code for China Customs (declaration must be filled out within 24 hours prior to arrival at destination)" is required.

The absence of the word 'health' has me wondering if this isn't something new, or it's just an oversight on their part, and they mean the Health Declaration in the Customs app?
Is the health declaration called "China Customs QR code" in Chinese?

Last edited by narvik; Oct 29, 2023 at 5:12 am
Old Oct 30, 2023, 3:11 am

Originally Posted by narvik
Nice. I arrive Nov 1!

Actually, I just got an email from Asiana that a "QR code for China Customs (declaration must be filled out within 24 hours prior to arrival at destination)" is required.

The absence of the word 'health' has me wondering if this isn't something new, or it's just an oversight on their part, and they mean the Health Declaration in the Customs app?
Is the health declaration called "China Customs QR code" in Chinese?
Yea one and the same. They probably have it on automated form to send out the reminder. Chances are they'll still have that reminder/requirement on Nov 1. I wouldn't worry about it - the form isn't very difficult to fill out.
Old Oct 30, 2023, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by Palal
Yea one and the same. They probably have it on automated form to send out the reminder. Chances are they'll still have that reminder/requirement on Nov 1. I wouldn't worry about it - the form isn't very difficult to fill out.
Yeah.
I was thinking/hoping it may be a new form in line with what moondog alluded to a few times: health declaration system used for 'old' paper arrival form. Sadly nothing that exciting!
Old Oct 31, 2023, 9:14 pm

It's gone!

https://www.thestandard.com.hk/secti...own-black-hole

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.