Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Centralized Quarantine On Arrival Costs

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2020, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Centralized Quarantine On Arrival Costs

Does anyone know if you’d be charged for accommodation and other costs once you’re put into centralized quarantine on arrival in China - specifically Shanghai, and how much that would be? There’s a two week mandatory quarantine for all arrivals and the consensus seems to be that almost all foreign passport holders are held for centralized quarantine (usually in a hotel).
Old Mar 21, 2020, 11:50 am

Certainly Beijing makes you pay. And this article says Shanghai does, too.

https://www.thestandard.com.hk/break...ts,-quarantine
Old Mar 21, 2020, 1:49 pm
Ambassador: China

Programs: UA AA CO
Watched the beginning of this video this AM. The youtuber SERPENTZA goes on in detail about the 14 day quarantine.
I recall for foreigners expect to pay 10,000 RMB.

Old Mar 22, 2020, 8:50 am

Foreigners are not "required to pay" 10,000RMB but for 14 days, the cost of the hotel room and three meals will be around 10,000 in any case for Chinese or foreigners unless they put you in the cheaper hotel (if there is space)
On a related note, now you won't be quarantined in Beijing: https://www.thebeijinger.com/blog/20...-one-12-cities.
Old Mar 22, 2020, 9:16 am

Here is an update: https://www.thebeijinger.com/blog/20...-hour-layovers
Old Mar 22, 2020, 10:35 am

How do they verify passengers have sufficient funds to pay for cost of hotel and food for 14 days?

I would assume that's part of the preliminary screening prior to boarding.

"The new civil aviation standard requires all international passengers whose destination is Beijing to undergo quarantine inspection and go through immigration at one of the 12 designated entry points in the other cities.

Only those passengers deemed to meet the boarding requirements after quarantine inspection can board their flights to their original destination of Beijing."
https://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1183389.shtml

Last edited by anacapamalibu; Mar 22, 2020 at 10:45 am
Old Mar 22, 2020, 10:46 am

What is the situation crossing to Shenzhen or Zhuhai from Hong Kong? Yes, home quarantine on return to Hong Kong certainly, but quarantine on arrival in the Mainland?
Old Mar 22, 2020, 11:08 am

Was working with a situation here where chinese family of 3 had their show cancelled. They decided to stay as when you do the math based on 90 days expected time for resolution ...best to stay put.
Old Mar 22, 2020, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by 889
What is the situation crossing to Shenzhen or Zhuhai from Hong Kong? Yes, home quarantine on return to Hong Kong certainly, but quarantine on arrival in the Mainland?
​​Family arrived SZ from HK Mar 19, had health check and checked into a hotel (supervise/guarded) for 14 day. They have home in SZ but will not be allowed there until cleared.
Old Mar 27, 2020, 4:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

My friend (PVG arrival) was not charged for the test for some reason, but he saw signs saying that the price was Y380. He stayed in a hotel for one night, and they let him out the next day. This was several days ago.
Old Mar 27, 2020, 11:19 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by anacapamalibu
How do they verify passengers have sufficient funds to pay for cost of hotel and food for 14 days?

I would assume that's part of the preliminary screening prior to boarding.

"The new civil aviation standard requires all international passengers whose destination is Beijing to undergo quarantine inspection and go through immigration at one of the 12 designated entry points in the other cities.

Only those passengers deemed to meet the boarding requirements after quarantine inspection can board their flights to their original destination of Beijing."
https://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1183389.shtml
The link doesn't work, so I'm trying my trick of quoting it.
Old Mar 27, 2020, 11:41 am

Old Apr 4, 2020, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Report of the disembarkation and screening/quarantine process.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opin...uarantine-for/
Old Apr 4, 2020, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
Report of the disembarkation and screening/quarantine process.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opin...uarantine-for/
His experience was much more intense than mine (Feb 27 arrival in Shanghai), but consistent with friends that arrived on various March dates, except I don't know anyone who wasn't allowed to leave their private residences (for food) during the 14 day quarantine. Hotel quarantine appears to be a little more strict, but varies by hotel.

On a semi-related note, I have a friend who just finished a 14 day quarantine in HK. Foolishly, he stayed in a serviced apartment that was set up for quarantine instead of with a friend. They gave him a tracking bracelet, and he stayed in his room for the entire 14 days. Personally, I think he could have slipped outside undetected, but he didn't want to chance it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.