Any way to auto tip in Didi?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2019, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue

So, used Didi for the first time tonight. Nice ride from the French Concession* to Putuo. Everything went well and the driver was super. My MasterCard provider confirms they can see an approved pending payment to Didi on my account. However, I noticed Didi support adding a tip, just like Uber do in the UK. When I tried to do this, my MasterCard was not one of the options... Just the usual WeChat and so on. With this in mind, is there any way to set up an auto tip that just comes off my credit card at the end of the trip?

* Boxing Cat Brewery - I do recommend the King Louis Imperial Stout if you’re into the dark side. I must also try the other brew pub almost next door.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Internaut
So, used Didi for the first time tonight. Nice ride from the French Concession* to Putuo. Everything went well and the driver was super. My MasterCard provider confirms they can see an approved pending payment to Didi on my account. However, I noticed Didi support adding a tip, just like Uber do in the UK. When I tried to do this, my MasterCard was not one of the options... Just the usual WeChat and so on. With this in mind, is there any way to set up an auto tip that just comes off my credit card at the end of the trip?

* Boxing Cat Brewery - I do recommend the King Louis Imperial Stout if you’re into the dark side. I must also try the other brew pub almost next door.
You don’t need to ever tip your didi driver. It’s China not the USA. The Daga brewpub next to boxing cat is even better for section of brews! Next time you’re in town check it out.
Internaut likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
Originally Posted by travelinmanS
You don’t need to ever tip your didi driver. It’s China not the USA. The Daga brewpub next to boxing cat is even better for section of brews! Next time you’re in town check it out.
Thanks. Tomorrow is my last night. Might just drag my friend along to Daga..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.