Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > China
Reload this Page >

USA PrePaid UnionPay Card now available.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2019, 3:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: NEXUS/GE/JPNTTP/APEC/CREW

First, forgive me if this isn’t the correct forum.

To my knowledge only ICBC in the US offers a UnionPay branded card, and it’s credit. Thus prepaid option is for those who don’t want to open a line of credit.

https://ecardinc.com/

It does have an application process and the prepaid card will have your name on it. When I applied I did not receive a confirmation email, but I did receive the card about 1.5 weeks after the application.

Interestingly although the website shows an EMV card, I received a card without a chip. When I inquired they said that EMV is still in process.

This card CANNOT be bound to WeChat or AliPay for QR or Topups. I was able to use it however for a HKD and RMB purchase within a WeChat subapp using the UnionPay screen, interestingly UnionPay uses a 6 digit pin, however this prepaid only allows 4 digits. When using this card at a China POS or online that requires a pin, you must put 00 AFTER your 4 digit.

The RMB and HKD exchange rates are very favorable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.