Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Department of State Issues - Travel Advisory for China

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2019, 4:21 am

Programs: BA - Blue
Originally Posted by kapooncha
Not a dual national. Just a regular old American.
In which case, I wouldn't worry too much...

tb
kapooncha likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by anacapamalibu
Did Travel advisory cause price drop in tickets?
Most obviously, travel demand to the US has slumped due to their "government" falling apart (if whatever the orange dotard is running can be called that) - this will make prices for routes to AND from the US to drop (most people buy RT fares..)

It's not very attractive for tourists to have closed museums, parks and basically a high uncertainity if things won't get even worse..
Old Jan 11, 2019, 9:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Most obviously, travel demand to the US has slumped due to their "government" falling apart (if whatever the orange dotard is running can be called that) - this will make prices for routes to AND from the US to drop (most people buy RT fares..)

It's not very attractive for tourists to have closed museums, parks and basically a high uncertainity if things won't get even worse..
Cheap fares are due to an excess in supply of seats. This has been the case for the past two years.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 7:01 pm
Ambassador: China

Programs: UA AA CO
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer

Disneyland raised their price to $200 for a one day ticket. Explain that.

https://www.ocregister.com/2019/01/0...rice-increase/
Old Jan 12, 2019, 5:38 am

Not for the regular ticket. As the article says, most people do not pay anything near this amount.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Did Travel advisory cause price drop in tickets?

Seen many RT at below $400
1:40am - 9:40am +1Flight spans 1 day
China Southern Airlines
Good Flight (7.4/10)
17h 0m (1 stop)

Wi-Fi, Entertainment, and Power information
Departure airport:LAX - 2h 50m in SHE Layover 2h 50m in SHEArrival airport:- PEK
$380
roundtrip
No those are pretty standard for China southern in the last couple years. There's allow of competition to Asia or of LAX these days especially with the entire of Hong Kong air in the market. Air Canada had been having fares in the sub 500 range from all over the United States. China has had so many good mileage run fares. One of the things that led me to getting my 10 year visa.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 9:26 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus (Premier Gold); Hilton HHonors (Gold); Chase Ultimate Rewards; Amex Plat

One thing: Star Wars Land. For the first time ever, some annual passes are blocked out of one park but not the other on some days (specifically, the Deluxe Annual Pass is blocked out of Disneyland for nearly the entire summer, while those passholders can go to Disney California Adventure).

While US government funded attractions aren't the only thing tourists come to the US for, they do seem to make up a big part of the itinerary for first time US visitors. A former coworker visited the US back in July. It was the first visit for her parents and her son. On their itinerary: Statue of Liberty (NYC), and Washington DC (which included the Smithsonian museums). The US is seriously looking like a joke. If this shutdown had occurred in July, I'd have had to tell my friend that everything in DC was closed because we can't get our **** together.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 2:32 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by STS-134

While US government funded attractions aren't the only thing tourists come to the US for, they do seem to make up a big part of the itinerary for first time US visitors. A former coworker visited the US back in July. It was the first visit for her parents and her son. On their itinerary: Statue of Liberty (NYC), and Washington DC (which included the Smithsonian museums). .The US is seriously looking like a joke If this shutdown had occurred in July, I'd have had to tell my friend that everything in DC was closed because we can't get our **** together.
I suppose we won't be seeing you any time soon!

Last edited by allset2travel; Jan 22, 2019 at 2:33 pm Reason: edit to add

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.