Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PVG to Nanjing

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2018, 10:54 am

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Hi all -
I understand China and crowds but are we expecting packed packed or packed late Nov in the PVG area? I am probably on the same flight as aztimm but am staying in PVG this time b/c my last trip was actually a mileage but now I have a few days to explore.

aztimm - pm sent

Cheers -
aztimm likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 12:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by thegrailer
Hi all -
I understand China and crowds but are we expecting packed packed or packed late Nov in the PVG area? I am probably on the same flight as aztimm but am staying in PVG this time b/c my last trip was actually a mileage but now I have a few days to explore.

aztimm - pm sent

Cheers -
Unless you are really into Disney, there is no reason to stay near pvg.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 3:49 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by moondog
Unless you are really into Disney, there is no reason to stay near pvg.
I think s/he was loosely using, "PVG," as staying in Shanghai. I know many people do that elsewhere.

If you are going to Disney--and I did last year--they have a hotel right there. If you're going to do it, you might as well do it right
(note: I didn't stay there, but hopped on the subway and stayed at the Hilton on Nanjing Rd, before it was de-flagged for my first night, then moved to the Doubletree)

And an update: after thinking this through, I will take a bus from PVG to Hongqiao Station. I bought a train ticket to Suzhou. I have a friend who may be meeting me for dinner (I'd give it 70% shot at best). He seems to think there are decent places to eat right inside the station.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.