Community
Wiki Posts
Search

request for information

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2018, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

request for information

for some reasons i submitted a fake bank statements and so i was denied visa.is it possible i will get the visa the next time i apply?
Old Oct 23, 2018, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by Dera12345
for some reasons i submitted a fake bank statements and so i was denied visa.is it possible i will get the visa the next time i apply?
Hi and welcome to FlyerTalk!

The answer to your question is 'who knows?'. The best advice would be to make sure you have a fully refundable air ticket to accompany your next visa application. Once approved you could cancel the fully refundable ticket and buy one which is cheaper with more restrictions.

It may be that you have now been 'flagged' for more scrutiny when you next apply. It might be an automatic rejection, or they may reassess your application afresh.

It may also be that the real reason for rejecting your visa was not the bank statement but something else (even if they told you it was due to the bank statement alone).

You won't know unless you try. But make sure you minimise any non-refundable costs (hotel and tickets).
Old Oct 23, 2018, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Hi and welcome to FlyerTalk!

The answer to your question is 'who knows?'. The best advice would be to make sure you have a fully refundable air ticket to accompany your next visa application. Once approved you could cancel the fully refundable ticket and buy one which is cheaper with more restrictions.

It may be that you have now been 'flagged' for more scrutiny when you next apply. It might be an automatic rejection, or they may reassess your application afresh.

It may also be that the real reason for rejecting your visa was not the bank statement but something else (even if they told you it was due to the bank statement alone).

You won't know unless you try. But make sure you minimise any non-refundable costs (hotel and tickets).
The Chinese government has access to information to verify airline and hotel bookings so it would not surprise me that they were not able to verify the bank statement within a very short time,
Very high chance that OP is now flagged based upon information he submitted which includes photos.

"Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me." --- Chinese proverb.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 9:25 pm

Given the application asks whether you've ever been refused a Chinese visa, it's pretty certain you'll be flagged.

Your nationality counts somewhat, too.

Myself, I'd suggest waiting a few years. It's even worse to establish a record of several denials.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 6:57 pm
Ambassador: China

Programs: UA AA CO
"Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me." --- Chinese proverb.[/QUOTE]

Homer 1800 BC must have go this from Chinese.

“For once deceiv'd, was his; but twice were mine
Old Oct 26, 2018, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by anacapamalibu
"Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me." --- Chinese proverb.

Homer 1800 BC must have go this from Chinese.

“For once deceiv'd, was his; but twice were mine
D'oh!
Old Oct 27, 2018, 11:26 am

When a thread title has the word "request" in it, I tend not to be too keen to answer it.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 9:28 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
I don't remember needing to provide a bank statement to apply for a visa. Or have I just forgotten?
Old Oct 27, 2018, 10:49 pm

Programs: UA
I think bank statements are required from travelers with passports from certain countries.

I would say the chances of being approved after a rejection and supplying fake bank statement are non existent.

Old Oct 29, 2018, 2:41 pm

I think without knowing the background of the whole story (and I doubt OP will provide us with it) it's hard to guess what exactly were the circumstances.

But I'd wager the guess that OPs name has now - at the very least - been put on a list that will require more extensive checks in the future if applying for a visa.

Unfortunately he doesn't provide any further information, and appears to be a "one-post-wonder".. so all we can do is to speculate.

Since I doubt you'd provide a fake statement if you actually got the funds, one must assume that he either suddenly improved his wealth situation somewhat he could now legally pass the requirement, or that he otherwise doesn't have to provide such statement anymore (change of nationality, for an example)

But in any case, he'd probably still have to take up a talk with the Chinese embassy (probably better over hitting a random consulate) and explain the reasons why he cheated, and what changed since.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.