PVG to Hang Zhou

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PVG to Hang Zhou

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2018, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles Diamond. Skyteam Elite Plus. Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
PVG to Hang Zhou

What is the best way to go from PVG to Hang Zhou. Preferably on the high speed train.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 1:09 am

Easiest way is probably to take a direct bus to Hangzhou from PVG..

MUCH less hassle than to get to a train station in Shanghai first (where you need to have quite a bit of a buffer) - even with tickets in hand - and all that comes with it. Not to mention, cheaper And not slower than even a non-rush hour taxi + minimum buffer time + HSR
Old Sep 14, 2018, 2:25 am
qpr

The bus needs about 3 - 3,5h.
Price is 110 ¥.
First one is at 8.40 am, last one at 9 pm.
Maybe the schedule time changed in the meantime but that's the latest information I have.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 7:38 pm

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Ugh, I do this trip all the time and it's one area that China definitely hasn't improved upon.

You could take the high-speed train, but that leaves from Hongqiao (the other airport) and you'd spend almost 2 hours getting there via subway. Not to mention the insane amount of time spent transferring or going through security checks. Taxi is slightly faster, but not by much.

Best option as mentioned is to just take the airport bus from PVG to Hangzhou. It takes ~3-4 hours with traffic, is not very comfortable, but does the trick with less hassle then the train.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
Ugh, I do this trip all the time and it's one area that China definitely hasn't improved upon.

You could take the high-speed train, but that leaves from Hongqiao (the other airport) and you'd spend almost 2 hours getting there via subway. Not to mention the insane amount of time spent transferring or going through security checks. Taxi is slightly faster, but not by much.

Best option as mentioned is to just take the airport bus from PVG to Hangzhou. It takes ~3-4 hours with traffic, is not very comfortable, but does the trick with less hassle then the train.
By taxi it should take less than an hour if you take the outer ring express which is free. If you take the toll road S32, then it should only take around 50 minutes. The outer ring expressway has heavy traffic during rush hour, while the S32 tollway usually has little traffic. The toll is Y25.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 7:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Tennis69
What is the best way to go from PVG to Hang Zhou. Preferably on the high speed train.
Is the LAX-HGH flight an option?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.