Reload this Page >

Xian Private Driver

Xian Private Driver

Old Jul 21, 18, 5:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Alaska MVP
Xian Private Driver

Hello there,

my friends and I decide to do short trip to Xian. We are looking to hire private driver (perhaps, tour guide) to take us to Terra Cotta Warriors and maybe nearby attractions on a whole day. We prefer to hire private driver to avoid hassles such as dodgy taxi drivers.

I reached out to Mary, who is well-reviewed in a popular travel-related forum. She charge 1000 RMB for whole day, but I am wondering if there are good private drivers out there that might be cheaper than her rate.

Thanks
Old Jul 21, 18, 4:44 pm

Programs: http://www.chengdutravelagency.com
In Xi'an, if you visit Terracotta Army, rent a car( family car), it usually cost is 700 yuan.
washeelers747 likes this.
Old Jul 22, 18, 3:00 pm

I have used a guy called Ding Yi. Nice guy but I forget his pricing, just contact him: [email protected]
Old Jul 22, 18, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OT: whats the weather usually like late Oct? Wanted to go this summer but wasnt able to pull it off, next time period would be late Oct,thx
Old Jul 22, 18, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JPDM View Post
I have used a guy called Ding Yi. Nice guy but I forget his pricing, just contact him:
The next time I find myself in Xi'an, I will reach out to Ding Yi. I suggest you replace @ with "at" in his email address.
washeelers747 likes this.

Last edited by moondog; Jul 22, 18 at 8:40 pm
Old Jul 23, 18, 1:56 am

I just got back from Xian on Saturday and visited the Terracotta Warrior Army on Wednesday. I took the public Bus 306 from the bus area next to the Xian Railway Station which was surprisingly super convenient and cheap at RMB10 one way (you can choose to stop over at the Huaqing Palace enroute too). After that, you can actually take the 307 bus to the Giant Wild Goose Pagoda area which is nice in the evening when it gets all lit up. Very interesting way to experience the local Chinese way of travelling if you are adventurous
Old Jul 23, 18, 5:02 am
Original Poster

Thank you so much for contact information, and recently reach out to him. Also, any experience at Westin Xian?
Old Jul 24, 18, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Ding Yi replied back. He offer way better price (650 RMB) for driving. Many thanks!
Old Jul 24, 18, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by washeelers747 View Post
Ding Yi replied back. He offer way better price (650 RMB) for driving. Many thanks!
Make sure that he is the one driving you, not one of his guy. He speaks good English and is a really friendly guy. Not so sure about the others.
Old Jul 25, 18, 9:20 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA GS/1Mil Flyer, Pond scum on everything else.
Just returned from a 7 day stay at the Westin. Hotel was fine... rooms were cool (even though it was ~100F outside). Halls were warm but I didn't stay in there much. Lounge food for "evening was more than enough to make a meal. I tried both the lounge breakfast as well as the downstairs buffet. If you have access downstairs buffett is better and more varied but either does the trick. Used DiDi to get around with no issues and used a guide to go to the sites.
Old Sep 9, 18, 6:47 am

How was your trip with Ding Yi?
I plan to visit Xian 10 days after. I am looking for some private car and driver for my family.
Old Sep 9, 18, 6:49 am

How was your trip with Ding Yi?
I plan to visit Xian 10 days after. I am looking for some private car and driver for my family.
Old Sep 13, 18, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

was the 650 for a whole day or 1/2? did it include a p/u or d/o at the airport?
Old Sep 14, 18, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have used a guy called Ding Yi. Nice guy but I forget his pricing, just contact him: [email protected]
Thx, emailed him Weds night and he replied yesterday, with itin and price quotes
Old Nov 3, 18, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just wanted to say Thx for posting his info , I used him for3 of my days there which included p/u @ XIY and d/o @ XIY

His English was alot better then I expected and he gave a flowing history lesson as we drove along, no need for a guide anywhere, he was prompt and all in all a great person.

Search this Thread