Reload this Page >

Kunming Hotels

Kunming Hotels

Old Mar 17, 2017, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, TSA PreCheck
Kunming Hotels

Hey there,

My boyfriend and I are going to Kunming, China in April and we need a room for one night. We arrive late at night (about 12:20am) and I'm trying to search hotel options that are accessible via the Airport Express. I've been searching on Google and I can't get a clear idea of which lines run that late -- I've read on some websites that only line 2B runs that late, but then others say that lines 1 and 2B run that late, and another says lines 1, 2B, and 6 run that late.

I want to avoid a taxi because based on our experiences in Peking, taxis at the airport are very expensive (most drivers won't accept less than 600rmb) and there are definite communication barriers (my BF speaks cantonese and sort of just feels his way around mandarin).

Does anyone have experience with a late arrival into Kunming? Have you taken the airport express to one of the hotels or should we just bite the bullet and use a taxi?

Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 17, 2017, 2:17 pm

While I do not know for certain about Kunming, almost every other Chinese airport I recall seems to have at least one bus line that runs into the city after the last arrival (but not Luoyang!).
Old Mar 17, 2017, 6:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by berliner5000
I want to avoid a taxi because based on our experiences in Peking, taxis at the airport are very expensive (most drivers won't accept less than 600rmb) and there are definite communication barriers (my BF speaks cantonese and sort of just feels his way around mandarin).
It is illogical to conclude "taxis at the airport are very expensive" based on a single data point at a different airport.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 8:10 pm

I don't know of any airport express in Kunming but they have buses going to the city center. I think that they run pretty late. I took photos of the signs. I'll report back if I can find them.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 8:19 pm

OK, I found a pamphlet that I picked up and most bus lines from the airport stop runnig at 22h or 23h.
Taxi may be your only option.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 8:46 pm

It looks like Line 1 will work, though you can never be certain these online schedules are up to date.

http://www.ynairport.com/kmbus.jhtml
Old Mar 18, 2017, 12:50 am
qpr

Bus 1,2 and 6 should be in service till 2/3 am in the night (if they don't change it).
Old Mar 29, 2017, 11:57 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Marco Polo
I would suggest you stay the night at the airport (2nd floor, elevator access beside McDonalds on level 1. The pace is called airport hourly hotel and its 455rmb a night. Go into town the next morning. Cab is around 70rmb with toll
Old Mar 29, 2017, 1:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by jackmeister
I would suggest you stay the night at the airport (2nd floor, elevator access beside McDonalds on level 1. The pace is called airport hourly hotel and its 455rmb a night. Go into town the next morning. Cab is around 70rmb with toll
With due respect, that sounds like a horrible idea unless the OP is flying out the next morning.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 4:33 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Do you have any further info?

My flight from BKK arrives at 0030 and my flight to YVR leaves around 0830. I'm not totally opposed to just staying awake, or sleeping on a bench or whatever, but I'd prefer a hotel.

I can't seem to find any hotels right nearby that have airport pickups reliably that late. An in airport hotel does appeal to me if perhaps I can see/reserve it online, 90$ CAD is a bit much, but if it satisfies my needs and means I don't need to leave the airport, then it might be totally worth it. My googling only got me to a tripadvisor post with very little info.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.