Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CAN Airport - Intl to Intl Transfer times

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2016, 7:16 am
Original Poster

CAN Airport - Intl to Intl Transfer times

Looking to book a China Southern flight, from LHR to MEL via CAN (Guangzhou Baiyun airport). I gather that my bags should be checked in all the way as it is an international to international transfer.

The ticket I'm looking at has a 2 hour layover - is this long enough? FYI I'm flying on 24th Dec (shouldn't be too busy in China?)

Worried that there might be lots of queues - do you have to go through immigration for example? Security checks?
Old Nov 1, 2016, 8:34 am

Programs: various
Yes your bags will be checked all the way through and you should get all your boarding passes in LHR. Upon arrival, you'll go to a special Immigration desk for International Transfers, it's an abbreviated document check that doesn't involve databases and passport stamping. You will have to go through another security queue but then back airside. A 2-hour connection is easily doable as long as the LHR-CAN segment is on-time or not more than 30 minutes late. Dec 24th is like any other day for the Chinese, but you might have a lot of expats flying out--however, they would be going through a separate process stream if originating in CAN rather than connecting. I personally would feel comfortable booking this flight sequence/ connection.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.