Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > China
Reload this Page >

Is there a Chinese-language site I could print out with the TWOV rules?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2016, 5:21 am
Original Poster

I'm flying from Korea -> Shanghai -> USA with a 23 hour stop in PVG (both flights on one ticket with China Eastern).

I know there shouldn't be any problems with immigration at PVG but I'm a bit worried about checking in and getting my boarding pass in Korea - I'm flying from a pretty small airport (MWX) where almost everyone else will be Korean and Chinese, so I wouldn't be surprised if the airline staff are not familiar with the visa-free transit rules, and there will be a language barrier.

I'd like to have something official-looking in Chinese (or Korean) printed out in case they insist that I need a visa. Does anyone have a link to the visa-free transit policies from a Chinese embassy site (or from China Eastern themselves)?
Old Jul 20, 2016, 6:24 am

Here you go:

http://ck.ceair.com/muovc/newsite/ma.../News4236.html

(That's actually about the 144-hour transit, but assuming you're from one of the blessed 51 countries, it should do.)
Old Jul 20, 2016, 6:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Which airline? Surely the staff has access to timatic, no? Any documents you bring yourself would probably be viewed with suspicion.

By the way, we have a big thread on this topic here.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 6:37 am

"I'm flying from Korea -> Shanghai -> USA with a 23 hour stop in PVG (both flights on one ticket with China Eastern)."
Old Jul 20, 2016, 6:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by 889
"I'm flying from Korea -> Shanghai -> USA with a 23 hour stop in PVG (both flights on one ticket with China Eastern)."
I missed this detail. No worries, methinks.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 889
Here you go:

http://ck.ceair.com/muovc/newsite/ma.../News4236.html

(That's actually about the 144-hour transit, but assuming you're from one of the blessed 51 countries, it should do.)
Thanks, that's exactly what I need.

I'm probably just being too cautious, hopefully the staff at MWX knows about transit requirements or will look them up properly. Just trying to avoid a 'US passport = you need a visa, can't give you a boarding pass without one' situation which seems like it's popped up a few times in the big thread.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 8:07 pm
Ambassador: China

Programs: UA AA CO
Originally Posted by moondog
Any documents you bring yourself would probably be viewed with suspicion.
On the contrary, airline personnel can be quite busy. Any pertinent documents that can be used to verify your claim, should be appreciated.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 8:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
If anything, bring a printout for your situation from Timatic. That is what staff are trained to rely on and it is the only thing they will care about if they do have a concern.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.