Wiki Posts
Search

Beijing - routes for running

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2015, 11:58 am
Original Poster

I'm aware that smog is bad for running but for those days with better air:

are there any routes for runnning (around 10-15km) in the centre of Beijing or in the areas around
  • St Regis / W Hotel
  • The Great Wall Sheraton Hotel Beijing
  • Sheraton Grand Beijing Dongcheng Hotel
Old Dec 6, 2015, 6:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by TimWong
I'm aware that smog is bad for running but for those days with better air:

are there any routes for runnning (around 10-15km) in the centre of Beijing or in the areas around
  • St Regis / W Hotel
  • The Great Wall Sheraton Hotel Beijing
  • Sheraton Grand Beijing Dongcheng Hotel
St. Regis is the best suited for running among these choices because Guanghua Lu is relatively peaceful and Ritan Park is nice, even if a bit small. BTW, I noticed that you lumped the W and St. Regis together, so I want to make it clear that my comment applies to the St. Regis and NOT the W (which isn't good for running IMO).

My second pick would be the GW Sheraton because Chaoyang Park (BIG) is fairly close and the run to/from there is not heavily trafficked by Beijing standards.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 9:27 pm

While the Great Wall Sheraton is a pretty bad hotel, it is a good area to run. Just head east from there.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 9:25 pm
Formerly known as caveruner17

Honestly, most of the small neighborhoods in Beijing are runable. I had no issues getting 8-10k in the couple days I was there wondering back and forth.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 3:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Run from the W or St Regis along Chang'An Road to Tiananmen Square, run through/past the square and past zhongnanhai (the leadership compound) head north after zhongnanhai running next to the big red walls until they end then turn back east and run along the road behind the forbidden city until you're past the forbidden city, then turn south until you hit Chang'An Road again and follow it east back to the W or St R. The whole route will have wide sidewalks and lots of sightseeing. Should be between 12-15k.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.