PVG T2 - which lounge is best?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PVG T2 - which lounge is best?

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2018, 3:32 am

LJZ..where the beautiful people hang in Shanghai.[/QUOTE]
So where is the best place for drinks in LJZ?
Old May 31, 2018, 3:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Nflyerj
LJZ..where the beautiful people hang in Shanghai.

So where is the best place for drinks in LJZ?
[/QUOTE]
When the weather is nice, Flair is the best. In fact, it is one of the few things that could possibly draw me to ljz (I love the aquarium as well).
Old May 31, 2018, 12:19 pm
Ambassador: China

Programs: UA AA CO
Flair...That's where the beautiful people party.

Play Like an Angel

Flair BarNo Angel’s trip to Shanghai would be complete without posing for a pic at Flair, the city’s favorite rooftop bar perched on the 58th floor of the Ritz Carlton. If it isn’t the complete top-to-bottom view of the Oriental Pearl Tower that makes your jaw drop, or the panoramic views of this megalopolis, it will be the delicious Shanghai-inspired cocktails. We especially loved the Ghost Orchid made with vanilla vodka, shochu, coconut cream, pineapple, and schisandra bitters.

Last edited by anacapamalibu; May 31, 2018 at 12:35 pm
Old May 31, 2018, 9:49 pm

Flair is honestly the coolest bar in Shanghai, and it's high price point is well justified.... though my single dinner there was insanely expensive. Afternoon tea is an okay value, on the other hand.
Old May 31, 2018, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by moondog
Flair is honestly the coolest bar in Shanghai, and it's high price point is well justified....
Price seems reasonable on drinks $17.

Probably on par with comparable places in US.

Old Jun 1, 2018, 2:50 am

I am not bothered by the y100 drinks because this is comparable to the price of simply visiting the 东方明珠, but dinner was a lot more expensive than your Nobu example.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 7:40 am

Way off topic, it was possible to score a nice dinner for 2 at matsuhisa for $100 in the 1990s,
Old Jun 1, 2018, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by moondog
I am not bothered by the y100 drinks because this is comparable to the price of simply visiting the 东方明珠, but dinner was a lot more expensive than your Nobu example.
Looks like they copied each others price list...I guess high end places are a commodity...

http://www.ritzcarlton.com/content/d...age%20Menu.pdf
Old Jun 2, 2018, 6:19 am

To be clear, the this thread is nearly 3 years old, and the topic is PVG T2 lounges. With a 2 hour layover, I would endure a lounge, but with 4+ hours, ljz makes sense, assuming decent weather.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 8:40 am

Air China Business Lounge

Shanghai Pudong Terminal 2. Flew out recently, taking Singapore Airlines back to Singapore.

Spent a couple of hours at the Air China Business Lounge and here is the video review. After spending more than an hour at the second level (where the food was served), I ventured to the first level and discovered that there was a cocktail bar. Ordered some ruby drink (which looked to be vodka and some fruit juice) and brought it up to the second level to drink, with more food. Enjoy!

Last edited by iluvcruising2; Jun 4, 2018 at 8:41 am Reason: more content
Old Jun 6, 2018, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The lounges suck at PVG and LJZ sucks as well. If you’ve got a 6+ hour layover go to the former French concession and enjoy; streetside cafes and bars beat high priced hotel bars any day for me.

If you've only got 4 hours or less, just suck it up at PVG and hope your flight isn’t delayed. I prefer the CX and priority pass lounges to the EK and CA ones as they are open air and you can see the runways. But the food at all of them is crap and the booze isn’t any better.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 12:42 am

I agree PVG doesn't have world class lounges when you start comparing against NRT/HND/ICN/SIN/HKG, but honestly they're not terrible. To me they at least have showers at some and you can get hot food. I get the food isn't great, but to me hot food is more important than cold food they love serving in the US. SJC supposedly has an award winning priority pass lounge and the best they do for hot food seems to be cup & noodles. Yet every Chinese lounge will have that at a minimum on top of additional hot entrees.

Anyhow the MU lounge isn't bad either (it's around 77 IIRC?). I do wish Chinese lounges did a better job with power (which seems to be done pretty well in the US in general), but a lot of times I just remind myself that US lounges are usually pretty crappy too.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 12:25 am

We are in the lounge 77 at Pudong international airport at the moment

China Eastern lounge 77 at Pudong Airport.

China Eastern lounge 77 at Pudong Airport.

We are currently in eastern airlines lounge 77 at Pudong Airport terminal two at the moment. I think it’s actually pretty nice. The quality of the food is very good and it’s a decent variety. They offer red and white wine make sure and cocktails they have nice espresso cappuccino machines showers nice bathroom facilities. It’s not the nicest have been in but it’s definitely not bad at all I think it’s a good call if you’re in terminal two.

Last edited by Stockjock; Sep 23, 2018 at 12:40 am
Old Oct 29, 2023, 8:05 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
We will be flying out on Lufthansa in First tomorrow morning. From what I read there is no nice lounge to put down extra time?
Old Oct 29, 2023, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Vasco Pridat
We will be flying out on Lufthansa in First tomorrow morning. From what I read there is no nice lounge to put down extra time?
I recommend you show up as late as possible to PVG and get on board the plane as soon as they start boarding.
moondog, narvik and Vasco Pridat like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.