The Best Air China Star Gold Lounge in PEK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2015, 9:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold

Didn't see anything about this but I just wanted to give those traveling through PEK a quick travel tip I discovered recently.

If in PEK at terminal 3 and your looking for the best Lounge, I think Air China is your only choice for Star Alliance Gold. Don't bother with the biz lounge in the C gates just past security. Its crowded and has lousy food. If you have over 1 hour pass the C lounges and walk to the D gates stairs. Take the bus 2 levels below to the D terminal where the lounge is much better. Brand new I think. They have a made to order noodle bar, much better food, is Sooo quiet and empty, has tons of comfy seats, and the best part? 5 Osim uDivine full body massage chairs, of which are always avaliable. D is the Domestic terminal part of T3 that is not very heavily used and such is literally a ghost town at times.

Much better service as well as staff sometimes outnumber guests. Lol. And they seem to take their job much more seriously with sharp suits and good manners. The last time I went to the C gate lounge it was some guy in a raincoat playing games on his cell at the frontdesk.

Just leave 20 min before boarding back to the C gates and you are golden. Hope this helps some of you!
Old Jan 17, 2015, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the tip, but I've yet to experience a lounge in china for any airline/alliance that's worth walking more than 100 meters to visit.

Arrive to the airport as late as possible and pray for no delays is the best strategy.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by travelinmanS
Thanks for the tip, but I've yet to experience a lounge in china for any airline/alliance that's worth walking more than 100 meters to visit.

Arrive to the airport as late as possible and pray for no delays is the best strategy.
They're pretty good in comparison to most US based airlines. However, if you have access to Star Alliance Gold, I would agree.

Eva Air, Singapore Airlines are all much much better.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 3:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by travelinmanS

+1
Old Jan 18, 2015, 11:54 pm

Programs: BR, UA 1k, CX
Originally Posted by HGHUA
Didn't see anything about this but I just wanted to give those traveling through PEK a quick travel tip I discovered recently.

If in PEK at terminal 3 and your looking for the best Lounge, I think Air China is your only choice for Star Alliance Gold. Don't bother with the biz lounge in the C gates just past security. Its crowded and has lousy food. If you have over 1 hour pass the C lounges and walk to the D gates stairs. Take the bus 2 levels below to the D terminal where the lounge is much better. Brand new I think. They have a made to order noodle bar, much better food, is Sooo quiet and empty, has tons of comfy seats, and the best part? 5 Osim uDivine full body massage chairs, of which are always avaliable. D is the Domestic terminal part of T3 that is not very heavily used and such is literally a ghost town at times.

Much better service as well as staff sometimes outnumber guests. Lol. And they seem to take their job much more seriously with sharp suits and good manners. The last time I went to the C gate lounge it was some guy in a raincoat playing games on his cell at the frontdesk.

Just leave 20 min before boarding back to the C gates and you are golden. Hope this helps some of you!
This is for I guess Domestic flights, sounds better than the international area one. (I have so far not used the domestic lounge only Int'l one, been lucky on domestic flights out of Beijing, arrive at gate and board with not long enough delay to use it)
Old Jan 19, 2015, 1:49 am

Programs: CA Gold, EY Silver HHons Diamond
For domestics I tend to use the basement lounge which is under the C gates to the left. Same bad sandwiches and convenient noodles as the main lounge but it is always deserted so great for some peace and quiet.

Though I do miss the unique charms of the old China Mobile lounge
Old Jan 19, 2015, 1:53 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
The one with Priority Pass access?

http://www.prioritypass.com/lounges/lounge-details.cfm

Lounge Information

Airport: beijing - Capital International (PEK), Terminal 3E International

Lounge: AIR CHINA FIRST CLASS LOUNGE

Location: Airside - proceed past the Security Check counters. The Lounge is situated approximately 100 meters away on the left hand side.

Opening Hours: 06:00 - 22:00 daily.

Conditions: Access may be restricted due to space constraints - Children under 2 years are not admitted - Dress code applicable - Separate smoking room available.

Lounge Facilities:
Old Jan 20, 2015, 9:25 am

Programs: CA Gold, EY Silver HHons Diamond
That is the main lounge as you pass through security.

Depending on your needs, lounge acces is pretty much meh imo. Unlike somewhere like T5 LHR which is in a habitual state of chaos and disorder, I have always found PEK departures pretty 'chilled out' as the kids would say.

Plenty of seating and cheap alcohol (why else do we use lounges?) available. And as alluded to , turn up as late as possible!
Old Jan 20, 2015, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Lol, I didn't realize people have such a pervasive anti-lounge attitude towards PEK. Someone call Amex and tell them we need a Centurion Lounge stat.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 4:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Lol, I didn't realize people have such a pervasive anti-lounge attitude towards PEK. Someone call Amex and tell them we need a Centurion Lounge stat.
I would take a decent restaurant over a lounge any day. Too bad Kenny Roger's Roasters closed.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 9:20 am
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by moondog
I would take a decent restaurant over a lounge any day. Too bad Kenny Roger's Roasters closed.
I'd always dip into the lounge for a couple of portable snacks, and then quickly continue on to the Korean restaurant nearby.

At mainland airports, it's difficult to find both a decent restaurant and/or a decent lounge.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 12:32 am

My summary of the lounges at PEK T3, near midnight:
Business Traveller Lounge: doesn't take SQ business, so I said I'd use priority pass. But no food, and with priority pass that doesn't include showers.
BGS: shower is out of order. Much less crowded than Air China lounge.
Air China: pros: pretty nice showers. Room is large and with proper amenities. Has hot food late into the night (still dim sum and also beef noodle soup. In the far side)
cons: no dedicated internet access (have to use airport wifi, which doesn't work well for me), crowded
Old Jun 25, 2017, 9:52 pm

A big FYI for SQ flights: the Air China lounge does not show them at all. I do not know why. On their screens they will show other Star Alliance airlines but block SQ
Old Nov 11, 2017, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by s0ssos
My summary of the lounges at PEK T3, near midnight:
Business Traveller Lounge: doesn't take SQ business, so I said I'd use priority pass. But no food, and with priority pass that doesn't include showers.
BGS: shower is out of order. Much less crowded than Air China lounge.
Air China: pros: pretty nice showers. Room is large and with proper amenities. Has hot food late into the night (still dim sum and also beef noodle soup. In the far side)
cons: no dedicated internet access (have to use airport wifi, which doesn't work well for me), crowded
Which CA lounge has showers? I didn't ask about them, but I didn't spot any.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by fumje
Which CA lounge has showers? I didn't ask about them, but I didn't spot any.
I don't recall that there were multiple. But showers aren't on the main floor (which is above the ground level of the terminal), but you have to take the elevator downstairs and then there are shower rooms.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.