Hiring a van at PEK for airport transfer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2012, 5:22 pm
Original Poster

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)

I couldn't find the answer to this and the hotel (IC Financial district) asks for RMB1000 for the airport transfer in a van to the hotel. This sounds excessive and I was wondering how I would go about organising a van to take us (Mrs Sydfly, little Sydfly and myself plus 5 heavy and large bags plus a pram) to the hotel?

We don't want to split up and take 2 cabs and I don't know whether you can hire larger vans at the airport as taxis maybe paying some sort of premium over a standard sedan. Any help would be appreciated.

Ah, also the hotel told me that they don't offer baby or child seats in their cars and say this is not standard. So, do we just strap our little one into the carrier in the taxì? Is this legal in China?

Last edited by Sydfly; Sep 12, 2012 at 5:23 pm Reason: forgot the baby seat question
Old Sep 12, 2012, 5:29 pm

Programs: UA 1P; AA Gold; Marriott Platinum

http://corporate.1hai.cn/english/

Try e-Hai! Our company uses them for all sorts of drive around, business trips. They have rental services or a chauffeur service. Just ask for a Buick minivan. I think it should be under RMB 500.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 8:24 pm
Ambassador: China

Programs: UA AA CO
Originally Posted by Sydfly
Ah, also the hotel told me that they don't offer baby or child seats in their cars and say this is not standard. So, do we just strap our little one into the carrier in the taxì? Is this legal in China?
Would need to bring your own car seat.

or a bucket
Old Sep 13, 2012, 1:00 am
Original Poster

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
Thanks for the bucket idea I think I'll stick with strapping him into the baby carrier then.

Thanks for the link. I'll give them a try.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 7:26 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by anacapamalibu
That's awesome - perfectly captures the attention to passenger safety in China.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 8:34 am
Ambassador: China

Programs: UA AA CO
That qualifies for HOV lane.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

I couldn't submit the online form to these eHi guys and not sure whether they will check emails that quickly. Is there any way of hiring a larger car like a van taxi at the airport upon arrival? Just in case the other plan falls through it would be good to have a plan B before we go with plan C which is hiring 2 taxis.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 10:41 pm
Original Poster

Just an update. Apparently you can't rent vans from the airport in PEK. The company eHi also couldn't help as you need to have a corporate account with them. Only option I found was the hotel transfer for 1000 RMB...
Old Sep 15, 2012, 11:23 pm

Sydfly: let me call EHi, and I will let you know...
Old Sep 15, 2012, 11:32 pm

Sydfly: I just got off the phone with eHi Chinese service department. They do offer PEK airport pick up with they Buick minivan, which seats 7.

The fee is RMB 345 for a one way from PEK to your hotel in the city.

Or you can have the car all day with the chauffeur for RMB 750.

Just call their china toll free number 400 888 6608, and ask for day pick up with chauffeur.

If you have trouble booking with them, just PM me and I might be able to call for you.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 11:52 pm

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Can also assist if necessary (PM), I'm using 17u.cn for that, rate is 350 CNY for GL8.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.