Reload this Page >

Fitness coaches - going rate?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fitness coaches - going rate?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2011, 10:11 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
Dr Liu MD PhD,
Guard you mouth, do not drink sugar water
Fat Lazy American....
Old Dec 23, 2011, 1:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance - AC
Originally Posted by anacapamalibu
Don't they have any hot personal trainers in China?
My wife comes with me so no comment
Old Dec 23, 2011, 2:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Taiwaned
My wife comes with me so no comment
When I saw the post to which you replied (from anacapa) earlier today, I was inclined to say something witty about you having a wife (who possibly reads FT, though I highly doubt it; we are unique creatures here), but I couldn't think of an appropriate quip.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 11:19 am

I know a guy that charges 30 rmb per hour. Extremely fit. Third tier city. Speaks like 50 words of english. Seems to have some connection to the local football team.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mnredfox
Gyms are ridiculously expensive in China, at least in Shanghai and Beijing. Not sure about trainers.
I paid 1750/year for a gym in the heart of Jing'an. Last year it was 1800/year for a gym in Zhongshan Park. I don't find this expensive at all.

Trainers are always walking around soliciting business but generally I find my knowledge of training better than theirs, and I don't know much
Old Dec 31, 2011, 5:53 pm

Programs: BA - Blue
Originally Posted by travelinmanS
I paid 1750/year for a gym in the heart of Jing'an. Last year it was 1800/year for a gym in Zhongshan Park. I don't find this expensive at all.

Trainers are always walking around soliciting business but generally I find my knowledge of training better than theirs, and I don't know much
If those prices are RMB, that's a pretty good deal. Otherwise, it's not, imo.

tb
Old Dec 31, 2011, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by trueblu
If those prices are RMB, that's a pretty good deal. Otherwise, it's not, imo.

tb
Those prices were RMB. Good deals can be had on gyms if you're willing to look around.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 12:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by travelinmanS
Those prices were RMB. Good deals can be had on gyms if you're willing to look around.
Mine cost over $2000 USD, but then again that was negotiated into my rent (which company took care of).
Old Jan 1, 2012, 7:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance - AC
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Mine cost over $2000 USD, but then again that was negotiated into my rent (which company took care of).
2000 USD a year??????????????

Holy Cow!!!!!!! - that is expensive. What do they have in the club? Golden fountains of Champagne? Staff that do the exercise for you?
Old Jan 1, 2012, 8:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

While it's true that there are many gyms in Jing'an that are attainable for less than y2000 per year, each rung you move up the ladder entails a disproportionate rate hike, to the point where the top of the line is very expensive (much more than $2,000).... but, not everybody pays those "rack" rates (wink, wink); I shall stop here.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC

Holy Cow!!!!!!! - that is expensive. What do they have in the club? Golden fountains of Champagne? Staff that do the exercise for you?
You'd think so. I was completely shocked. I (my co) might have just got ripped off, because it was always full and extremely busy with even local clientele. And the club was nothing to speak about.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.