Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Beijing Recommendations for Barbershop and Massage

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2011, 5:41 pm
Original Poster

Beijing Recommendations for Barbershop and Massage

I will be in Beijing this weekend staying at the Park Plaza Wangfujing for almost 10 days (Thanks for your recommendations jiejie - I received a really good deal for this hotel. Next time I will stay in a hutong hotel/siheyuan).

I am looking for a legitimate and upscale barbershop that also provides a hot towel shave in Beijing, and a legitimate and upscale massage place around Wangfujing that provides in house and hotel room. My girlfriend and I plan to have massages every night that we are there.

Thanks for your input.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 6:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by NRSA
I will be in Beijing this weekend staying at the Park Plaza Wangfujing for almost 10 days (Thanks for your recommendations jiejie - I received a really good deal for this hotel. Next time I will stay in a hutong hotel/siheyuan).

I am looking for a legitimate and upscale barbershop that also provides a hot towel shave in Beijing, and a legitimate and upscale massage place around Wangfujing that provides in house and hotel room. My girlfriend and I plan to have massages every night that we are there.

Thanks for your input.
Beijing has thousands of massage places, and I've yet only been disappointed a handful of times. I suggest you try a handful and fine tune as you go along. Most will be happy to send people to your room, provided they are reasonably close to you. You might also want to check out a spa or two.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 11:31 pm
Ambassador: China

Programs: UA AA CO
Also popular at the hair salon
is hair wash , head/scalp massage. Both for men and women.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 1:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by anacapamalibu
Also popular at the hair salon
is hair wash , head/scalp massage. Both for men and women.
Ah yes, the classic 洗头.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
While I've never done it in Beijing, the experience of a hair cut was a fun one for me.

"Dry" hair wash
Head/neck/back massage 30 min
Haircut
Wash

20 RMB. ^

Speaking Chinese helps here...
Old Oct 19, 2011, 10:03 am
Ambassador: China

Programs: UA AA CO
Originally Posted by moondog
Ah yes, the classic 洗头.
Labor prices are skyrocketing.
Now they are going to fully automated head wash.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzEwNDMzNTE2.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.