Cab from airport - address?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2011, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?

I arrive in Beijing very late - plane scheduled to land 23:20. And I'll have a checked bag (hopefully it will make it that far) Below is the information from my hotel (I know, it's a cheap hotel, but it's on the PKU campus and I'm visiting colleagues for 2 nights before flying on to Changzhi) This is my first trip to China and I'm a little nervous - from what I've read here and elsewhere, I should be able to get a taxi at the airport and show the driver this name & address (and phone if necessary) to get to my hotel? (I've already given my credit card for late arrival....) Thank you for any advice!

Hotel Name: Master Inn - Beijing
酒店名称:北京赢家商务酒店
Address: Xueyuan Road 38, Haidian District, Beijing
酒店地址:中国北京海淀区学院路38号(靠近北医三院)
Tel: 010-82320101
Old May 10, 2011, 12:11 pm
Ambassador: China

Programs: UA AA CO
That should do it.

Taxi fare would be ~100 RMB.
Old May 10, 2011, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Thank you! I plan to get money at at ATM on my way through the airport....(or Plan B - exchange USD)
Old May 10, 2011, 1:54 pm
Ambassador: China

Programs: UA AA CO
Just a few extras you might already know about.

Go to the taxi queue, touts may try and hustle you..just ignore them.
Not necessary to give a tip for the taxi.
Old May 10, 2011, 9:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Hoyaheel
it's on the PKU campus
According to google maps (not always accurate in BJ), it is inside 4th Ring. Even if google maps is wrong, Xueyuan Lu is still a few km away from BeiDa. No big deal; it would just suck if you told your cab driver BeiDa and ended up getting dropped off at the west gate.
Old May 11, 2011, 5:21 am

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold
Should be no problem - the address looks correct, and you also have a working telephone number, so the driver will be able to call them if there are problems. This hotel is near (possibly inside) the grounds of the Beijing University 3rd Hospital hence the confusion (the main Beida campus is a few km to the west).

The fare should be between 100 and 120 RMB (I live nearby this area and usually pay 90-110 RMB in the daytime from the airport). As others say above do not accept any "offers" for taxi rides. Find the official taxi rank (there will be plenty of taxis there) - they are well signposted in both T3 and T2.

If you actually need to get to the Beida campus for a meeting, you can take the subway/metro - the nearest stop is a short 5 minute walk to the south on the corner of Zhichun lu and Xueyuan lu.
Old May 11, 2011, 7:36 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the additional advice - I'm not very familiar with the campus, but yes - our colleague works for the health system. But I don't actually have to go there for meetings -I'm staying with other American colleagues who will have been there all week for meetings, and we're going together to a different conference in Changzhi. So my time Beijing that Saturday is for doing touristy things with the other Americans^

I will find the official taxi rank, ignoring the touts, and give the address & phone number I have. Thank you all! I'm starting to relax a little bit about the trip now
Old May 11, 2011, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You're doing it right--show them the address, don't expect them to understand you if you try to say it.
Old May 13, 2011, 12:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel
You're doing it right--show them the address, don't expect them to understand you if you try to say it.
Unless you are semi-fluent, fully agree.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.