Community
Wiki Posts
Search

transfer from LX to Dragonair at PVG

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2011, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

transfer from LX to Dragonair at PVG

First time for me in PVG, I would appreciate a little feedback from PVG regulars:
Coming in on LX from Zurich at 06:55 and have a connection on Dragonair to HKG at 08:40 so that's 1:45 of stopover. Both flights are in business class. Is that sufficient at PVG? I will have checked luggage that I need to pick up and check in again, don't think I can interline this since it's different alliances. I'm guessing this means I need to clear immigration and customs ..... Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 30, 2011, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by mercflight
First time for me in PVG, I would appreciate a little feedback from PVG regulars:
Coming in on LX from Zurich at 06:55 and have a connection on Dragonair to HKG at 08:40 so that's 1:45 of stopover. Both flights are in business class. Is that sufficient at PVG? I will have checked luggage that I need to pick up and check in again, don't think I can interline this since it's different alliances. I'm guessing this means I need to clear immigration and customs ..... Thanks in advance!
As long as your inbound flight is on-time it should be fine. Even if you do miss the connection, there will be plenty of other flights on KA/CX going to HKG.

Just head upstairs for check-in after collecting your bags as LX and KA are both in T2.
Old Apr 30, 2011, 10:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by mercflight
I think you'll be able to through check your bags (70% chance).
Old May 5, 2011, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Thank you both for the information. I am currently holding a double entry visa, I entered once in April so have one entry left. I know I can transit without a visa but proving onward journey at immigration seems to be a bit of a hassle occasionally from what I heard. Is it fair to say that the easiest and quickest would be to just use my remaining entry even if a visa is not required? I won't be needing that second entry before expiration of the visa so may as well use it. Thanks again!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.