Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Visa's for China

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2011, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sez_Who
There are a few visa agencies in Hong Kong that can get you a visa to mainland China.
There are two in the airport at HKG that will get you also multi-entry visa for China. It usually takes around 6 hours, so if you get an am arrival, you can fly (or take the train) to China in the late afternoon. I did once get stuck where they could not get it for me until the next morning- so make sure you have a flexible ticket if flying same day out of HKG. For some reason, they always have asked for a business card as well- a colleague of mine didn't have one so they printed one for him (it seemed strange to me- but they said if you want the one year visa that is the rule).
Old Jan 13, 2011, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Very weird as what I just got off Timatic was:

Visa required.

Visa Issuance:
- On arrival: if required, to those arriving at Haikou Meilan
or Sanya Phoenix International Airports, travelling as part

of a tourist group (5 or more people) to Hainan Province for
a max. stay of 15 days, organized by a travel agent
registererd in Hainan Province and approved by the Natonal
Tourism of China.
- On arrival: at Hangzhou International Airport, for tourist

groups of travel agencies which belong to Zhejiang Province
for a max. stay of 1 month. Fee: CNY130.-.
Additional Information:

- Note: different passport validity may be required when
applying for a visa.
- Valid visas or resident permits in expired passports are
accepted, provided holding valid passport of the same
nationality.

- Travel on a one-way ticket is accepted. However, visitors

must hold sufficient funds to cover their stay and all
documents required for their next destination.

Warning:
- Passengers not complying with the entry or transit
regulations will be deported by same or returning aircraft.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by dyung
I took advantage of the visa-free transit in PVG last year to do a quick visit to see the expo. I flew NRT-PVG-ICN with 47:15 minutes on the ground in PVG. In the end it worked, but I had to convince the agent in NRT to issue my BP (she had to carefully read the exceptions), and I had to wait at immigration in PVG for about an hour while they verified my outbound flight (no idea why it took so long).
I didn't think a quick visit to the expo was possible.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by mfong
Really glad that I found this thread. I have to travel to HKG and main land China for work. I will be living in HKG for 3 months, my employer will be applying for a multiple entry visa to China in HKG, not in the USA. My family will be moving out with me to HKG as well, my employer advised me to apply for their visas in HKG. I thought you had to apply for a Chinese visa in the USA only. Which one is true?

Thanks
I've had friends who were only able to get six month multiple entry visas in HKG this past year, not a full year. If you would like the additional six months, it might be worth applying for it in the states since it is a really straightforward process.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TTT
The Chinese embassy does not say anything about transiting to a different Shanghai airport:
(Bolding mine)
http://www.china-embassy.org/eng/hzqz/zgqz/t84242.htm

Here is a FT thread on it too: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/china...e-transit.html
FT is a great resource. The FT thread mentioned above is a wealth of info on visas in China... Also see:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/china...ina-visas.html
Old Jan 14, 2011, 5:05 am

Programs: SPG Plat, HHonor Diamond, Hyatt PLAT, Marriott PLat, UA 1K, AA EXP, DL PLAT, BMI Gold, Co PLAT
Originally Posted by mfong
Really glad that I found this thread. I have to travel to HKG and main land China for work. I will be living in HKG for 3 months, my employer will be applying for a multiple entry visa to China in HKG, not in the USA. My family will be moving out with me to HKG as well, my employer advised me to apply for their visas in HKG. I thought you had to apply for a Chinese visa in the USA only. Which one is true?

Thanks
you can apply in Hong Kong, period!
Old Jan 14, 2011, 8:53 am

Programs: DL DM | 1 Million Miler
Originally Posted by rexid
I've had friends who were only able to get six month multiple entry visas in HKG this past year, not a full year. If you would like the additional six months, it might be worth applying for it in the states since it is a really straightforward process.
From reading the posts on here, the visa agencies are easily accessible there. I'll probably wait until they get there and they can apply for the visas there. They're just looking to get a single entry, however if the 6 month multiple entry visa is about the same price, they will apply for that.

Originally Posted by yyliu88
you can apply in Hong Kong, period!
haha, sounds good. I'll look into it when I get settled there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.