Wiki Posts
Search

PVG online check-in dedicated baggage drop-off counter

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2010, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL SkyMiles
Post PVG online check-in dedicated baggage drop-off counter

I was wondering if this exists at PVG T2 for Delta? What about United/CO? Is it as simple as the US/Canada/Europe where one shows the online printed boarding pass, they scan it into the system and the baggage tags print, it's applied and away I go? Or do I have to go to the regular line like everyone-else? I also read somewhere that PVG requires BP's printed on genuine airline stock (non-online) or something and that one had to exchange it at the airport counter or kiosk. Thanks.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 1:28 am

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
Most airlines at PVG 2 (even the Chinese ones) have bag drop counters for people who have checked-in online. Some carriers even have self service check-in terminals. I use PVG regularly (but not usually on DL) and would be amazed if there was not a dedicated counter for online check-in passengers.

The airport itself at PVG now accepts home-printed boarding passes - I have used these recently departing T2 on BA to LHR, CA internationally, and on AY to HEL. Security at PVG don't seem remotely concerned about these as long as there is a barcode and it successfully scans.

EDITED TO ADD: UA definitely has dedicated counters. AT PEK they also have EasyCheckin machines (not sure about PVG).
Old Nov 9, 2010, 8:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL SkyMiles
Yup you were right. Looks like Chinese airports have caught up with the West.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.