Community
Wiki Posts
Search

blue laws in chicago?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2014, 4:39 am
Original Poster

blue laws in chicago?

does anyone know what the policy is in terms of serving alcohol on sunday in chicago, specifically in the lounges at the airport? is it prohibited? does it start later in the day?

thanks!
cb
Old Nov 2, 2014, 11:55 am
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
10 am for restaurants, I believe.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 3:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
"The legal opening time for all liquor establishments is 7 am, Monday through Saturday, and 11 am Sunday. Restaurants can begin selling liquor at 10:00 am on Sunday"

Cheers.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 2:04 am
Original Poster

thanks for all the info. i have a business meeting after an int'l flight and now my flight has changed to wed. i will be in chicago airport from 730am-10am on wed morning.

yes, it's a little early! but...does anyone know if admirals club, dl sky club, or united club serve that early in chicago airport?
Old Nov 3, 2014, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by cliffordbarnabus
thanks for all the info. i have a business meeting after an int'l flight and now my flight has changed to wed. i will be in chicago airport from 730am-10am on wed morning.

yes, it's a little early! but...does anyone know if admirals club, dl sky club, or united club serve that early in chicago airport?
I think they start at 10am. A few years ago I was at ORD United Club on a Sunday morning quite early & wanted to get a screwdriver or mimosa. No go. Had to wait until I boarded the flight.

Cheers.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 8:43 pm
Original Poster

start at 10am on sunday do you mean?....because now i am curious about wed in my second post on this thread...
Old Nov 3, 2014, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

also, can i access delta sky club in ord even if i arrive on a united flight? i.e. will i have to go thru security or whatnot or can i just walk there?

thx for all the help!
Old Nov 4, 2014, 5:48 am

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Originally Posted by cliffordbarnabus
also, can i access delta sky club in ord even if i arrive on a united flight? i.e. will i have to go thru security or whatnot or can i just walk there?

thx for all the help!
You can walk to T2 where Delta SC is located from either T1 (where most United flights arrive) or T3 without leaving secure area. The walk is 15 min at most; maybe 20 if you walk really slowly from the farther gate. Some United Express flights even operate out of T2, so there is a shuttle between gates C9 and E2.

If you arrive on an international flight, you will have to take a train to domestic terminals and go through security, but you can clear security at any domestic terminal (T1/2/3) regardless of where your flight actually leaves from.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 6:43 am

Programs: UA 2MM
blue laws in chicago?

The bars at ORD and MDW no longer have any date or time restrictions by law, they can sell around the clock. This changed about 3 years ago.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by BangkokTraveler
The bars at ORD and MDW no longer have any date or time restrictions by law, they can sell around the clock. This changed about 3 years ago.
Cite?
Old Nov 4, 2014, 8:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

I'd be afraid a drink after a long Int'l flight would put me right to sleep....
Old Nov 4, 2014, 10:16 pm
glg

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Cite?
Chicago code is at:
http://www.amlegal.com/library/il/chicago.shtml

Go to 4-60-130, at the end of a-2, it says:

The holder of an airport pushcart liquor license or a consumption on the premises license for an establishment located within authorized areas of O'Hare or Midway, as those terms are defined in Section 4-60-077, may sell or permit to be sold alcoholic liquor at any time within such authorized areas, subject to such time restrictions as the commissioner of aviation may set by rule.

In 4-60-077, authorized areas is defined as past the security checkpoint.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by BangkokTraveler
I was in the ORD Admirals Club this past Sunday. There were signs prominently displayed on the bar indicating that by law they were not allowed to open until 10am.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by glg
Chicago code is at:
http://www.amlegal.com/library/il/chicago.shtml

Go to 4-60-130, at the end of a-2, it says:

The holder of an airport pushcart liquor license or a consumption on the premises license for an establishment located within authorized areas of O'Hare or Midway, as those terms are defined in Section 4-60-077, may sell or permit to be sold alcoholic liquor at any time within such authorized areas, subject to such time restrictions as the commissioner of aviation may set by rule.

In 4-60-077, authorized areas is defined as past the security checkpoint.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Blumie
I was in the ORD Admirals Club this past Sunday. There were signs prominently displayed on the bar indicating that by law they were not allowed to open until 10am.
Yeah, the United Club was like that before. Methinks someone needs to tell them the law changed!

Cheers.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 8:55 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL
I'm not into early drinking but had a Matilda at Rick Bayless' Tortas at 8:15 this morning. Nice to have the option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.