Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

TSA argues with my GF . . . at her office?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA argues with my GF . . . at her office?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2003, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: No status no more, no where, no how.
Brian, I don't mean this rudely, though it may come across that way.

If you feel that you have to spend that much time justifying and explaining yourself, then you're inadvertently derailing the discussion in which you sought to take part. I certainly don't begrudge you the opportunity to sharpen your debating skills, but I don't think that's what Randy intended FT for.

I do think you should do some self-reflection and ensure that you're not letting your feelings turn into "facts." It's hard to do, and if you can consistently accomplish it, I tip my hat to you.
Old Feb 20, 2003, 2:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: Loyal to Myself
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Just Passing Thru:
Brian, I don't mean this rudely, though it may come across that way.

If you feel that you have to spend that much time justifying and explaining yourself, then you're inadvertently derailing the discussion in which you sought to take part. I certainly don't begrudge you the opportunity to sharpen your debating skills, but I don't think that's what Randy intended FT for.

I do think you should do some self-reflection and ensure that you're not letting your feelings turn into "facts." It's hard to do, and if you can consistently accomplish it, I tip my hat to you.
</font>

I self reflect every single day. The reason I spend so much time explaining myself is because of the opposing posters that make the same comments and assertions, over and over again, with a heck of a lot less civility than I show, incidentally. It is part of a general strategy to heckle down opposition.

Thank you for the tip of the hat.
Old Feb 20, 2003, 11:49 pm
Suspended

What a bunch of self-rightious hog-wash makes me want to puke.

Mike

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.