Or at least whoever wrote the prohibited/allows list is a Star Wars fan:
From: https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-...ing/all?page=8

License plate

• Carry On Bags: Yes
  • Checked Bags: Yes

Life Vest

You may bring a life vest with up to two CO2 cartridges inside, plus two spare cartridges in your carry-on or checked bag.

Light Bulbs

Light Saber

Sadly, the technology doesn't currently exist to create a real lightsaber. However, you can pack a toy lightsaber in your carry-on or checked bag. May the force be with you.
Too funny! With every other note on the type of item being dead serious, this was like finding a unicorn in the desert.

Thought it might bring some smiles. Happy flying!

Edit: Apparently there's at least someone on the staff with a great sense of humor:

Longboards

Lotion

• Carry On Bags: Yes (Less than 3.4oz/100 ml allowed)

Luggage Protection Covers

if your bag requires additional screening, our officers will need to open the covers. Our officers will make every attempt to repack items the way they were when presented for screening.

Magic 8 Ball

• Carry On Bags: No
For Carry-on bags: We asked the Magic 8 Ball and it told us…Outlook not so good!

For Checked bags: We asked the Magic 8 Ball and it told us…It is certain!

Magnets

Last edited by SamirD; Apr 9, 2019 at 9:50 pm Reason: More humor!
Old Apr 10, 2019, 2:24 am

Pocket Knife
  • Carry On Bags: No
In general, you are prohibited from traveling with sharp objects in your carry-on baggage; please pack these items in your checked baggage.

Skates
Including ice skates and rollerblades.
LOL. Oh wait...

Guess people have asked...

Harry Potter wand

Last edited by TWA884; Apr 10, 2019 at 10:23 am
Old Apr 10, 2019, 3:57 am

Programs: RFC
Except, of course, TSA has tried to confiscate "light sabers" before. Because "They're weapons!"
jkhuggins and wrp96 like this.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG, AA, United
Originally Posted by JamesBigglesworth
Except, of course, TSA has tried to confiscate "light sabers" before. Because "They're weapons!"
Looks like there's some Star Wars fans working the security areas too then...

I guess it will be important to take documentation with some if you have them on you.

Originally Posted by DragonSoul
LOL. Oh wait...
Interesting! They usually had this covered anywhere else I read.

The one thing I didn't find was UPS systems. Because of the sealed lead-acid batteries in these I've never tried to take one and have just shipped them ahead of time, but I wonder what the rule is on them since batteries are allowed to a certain extent.

I'm surprised they didn't poke fun at these:

Live Lobster

• Carry On Bags: Check with Airline
A live lobster is allowed through security and must be transported in a clear, plastic, spill proof container. A TSA officer will visually inspect your lobster at the checkpoint. We recommend that you contact your airline to determine your airline's policy on traveling with your lobster before arriving at the airport.

Parachutes

• Carry On Bags: Yes (Special Instructions)
  • Checked Bags: Yes (Special Instructions)
You may transport parachutes, either with or without Automatic Activation Devices, in carry-on or checked bags.

Parachutes should always be packed separately from other baggage. If a TSA officer determines that a bag must be opened to inspect the parachute, you must be present to assist in the inspection. If you are not within the screening area, you will be paged using the airport intercom system; if you are not present to assist with screening the parachute, the parachute will not be allowed on the plane. For this reason, passengers with parachutes are encouraged to add 30 minutes to the airlines' recommended arrival window. TSA is not responsible for repacking parachutes. All parachutes should be thoroughly inspected at their end destination to make sure that the equipment is still safe to use.
This one surprised me a bit:

Lock Picks

Tools that are 7 inches or less in length are allowed in carry-on bags. Please check with local law enforcement regarding traveling with this item.

Any sharp objects in checked bags should be sheathed or securely wrapped to prevent injury to baggage handlers and inspectors.

Last edited by TWA884; Apr 10, 2019 at 10:22 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member
Old Apr 16, 2019, 12:34 pm

Programs: enjoyed being warm spit for a few years on CO/UA but now nothing :(

Live Lobster

A live lobster is allowed through security and must be transported in a clear, plastic, spill proof container. A TSA officer will visually inspect your lobster at the checkpoint. We recommend that you contact your airline to determine your airline's policy on traveling with your lobster before arriving at the airport.

Ahh, so I CAN bring my emotional support crustacean! Good to know!
cafeconleche likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG, AA, United
Originally Posted by Section 107

Live Lobster

To eat later I'm assuming...YUM!
Old Apr 21, 2019, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Section 107

Live Lobster

If you don't have your emotional support crustacean do you get crabby?
SamirD likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 6:51 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel
If you don't have your emotional support crustacean do you get crabby?
Now I happen to prefer cooking lobster in the microwave. Microwave ovens are allowed through security. Are there any rules against using a microwave oven inflight? Could make for a delightful meal, even in the cheap seats.

That + a bottle of cheap Dom courtesy of the Delta Sky Club and I'm starting to actually feel premium.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.