Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WaPo piece on profiling by TSA & CBP

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2018, 6:35 pm
Original Poster

WaPo piece on profiling by TSA & CBP

Once, they brought the explosives unit — several armed men — because of sticker residue on the back of my computer. Another time, they brought a team of dogs to search me. Once, they took my crying 2-year-old through the screening process by himself because he clung to my husband during a pat-down search. Recently, they took me to a private room and forced me to open my pants and show them my underwear. They hid their badges when I asked for their names.
TSA Profiling
Old Aug 17, 2018, 12:30 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Assuming the article is accurate, this is absolutely disgusting. All US citizens should go through the same screening procedures - and only be targeted for secondary screening when cause exists within the context of that specific interaction. Programs like PreCheck, Global Entry, and watchlists like these should be abolished - make everyone suffer the same at all checkpoints to avoid things getting out of control.

While not quite as extreme, my sister is unable to get Global Entry. She has no criminal record and has not been to any high-risk countries. My name came up in her GE interview and was asked about her relationship with me. I have no doubt that her entry into this program was denied because of her relationship with me (I was, at one point in time, on a watchlist - I had my electronic equipment seized every time I re-entered the US, which I did at the time on an almost weekly basis). Being able to selectively include people into special programs or, alternatively, specifically target people is abhorrent and should be considered blatantly unconstitutional.
Boggie Dog likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

deleted.

Last edited by Boggie Dog; Aug 19, 2018 at 8:48 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.