Wiki Posts
Search

TSO Training Report from GAO

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2018, 7:48 am
Original Poster

TSO Training Report from GAO

https://www.gao.gov/assets/700/693427.pdf

Basic Training Program for Transportation Security Officers Would Benefit from Performance Goals and Measures
Ya' think?

Seems that the only good thing to have come out of the "training academy" is:

7 TSA also reported a 19 percent reduction in the attrition rate during the first 180 days of being hired for those attending TSO Basic Training at the Academy in 2016 versus those who received their initial training at field airports through the New Hire Training Program.
But then the report goes on to day:
In addition to changes in SOPs, OSO officials indicated they may also change the timing of when TSOs employed by TSA attend TSO Basic Training. Specifically, officials told us that OSO plans to implement a new model for TSO Basic Training in which TSOs will attend TSO Basic Training 2 to 6 months after they are hired rather than as soon as is practical.
No wonder screening is so fouled up.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 9:13 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by petaluma1
https://www.gao.gov/assets/700/693427.pdf

Ya' think?

Seems that the only good thing to have come out of the "training academy" is:

But then the report goes on to day:

No wonder screening is so fouled up.
Bolding mine: Beyond All Recognition

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.