Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

Today my decision was made to join preheck

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2018, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Today my decision was made to join preheck after my food items were rubbed with that paper thing in the regular line. I asked if snacks were dangerous as they weren't amused. Gross.
Old May 20, 2018, 2:44 pm

Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level
I'm shocked! TSA doesn't consider Velveeta a liquid?
Yoshi212 likes this.
Old May 20, 2018, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by STBCypriot
I'm shocked! TSA doesn't consider Velveeta a liquid?
Or even a food.
petaluma1 and Yoshi212 like this.
Old May 20, 2018, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by be001
Today my decision was made to join preheck after my food items were rubbed with that paper thing in the regular line. I asked if snacks were dangerous as they weren't amused. Gross.
Don't do it. We call it ExtortionCheck for a reason. Don't allow yourself to become an extortion victim.
Spiff and STBCypriot like this.
Old May 20, 2018, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If TSA screeners are going to be molesting our food items shouldn't travelers ask that they put on clean gloves before touching anything. Who knows where or on what those gloves they are wearing when we approach have been. TSA seems to care nothing about hygiene and transmission of who knows what.
Old May 21, 2018, 8:03 am

Unfortunately, PreCheck will not reduce the instances of that to 0%. When we went on vacation two years ago, my wife was doing one of those supervised medical weight loss programs with the powdered shakes, and she was traveling with the packets of powder, and those got swabbed.

However, since getting PreCheck, my CPAP machine has been taken out and swabbed 0 times, they've found my toothpaste in my shaving kit 0 times, and they've found my keychain pocketknife that's designed to look like a key 0 times.
petaluma1 likes this.
Old May 21, 2018, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
If TSA screeners are going to be molesting our food items shouldn't travelers ask that they put on clean gloves before touching anything. Who knows where or on what those gloves they are wearing when we approach have been. TSA seems to care nothing about hygiene and transmission of who knows what.
Citizens need to remember that they can require (not request -- REQUIRE) a clerk to change gloves for any reason. Make sure they take them out of the box and not out of their pockets. Make sure they test them before they touch you or your stuff. They especially hate this. Harassing clerks by making them change gloves and testing them is about the only way we can push back.
Spiff, altabello and STBCypriot like this.
Old May 21, 2018, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
Citizens need to remember that they can require (not request -- REQUIRE) a clerk to change gloves for any reason. Make sure they take them out of the box and not out of their pockets. Make sure they test them before they touch you or your stuff. They especially hate this. Harassing clerks by making them change gloves and testing them is about the only way we can push back.

I have heard of that for pat downs, didn't know that applied to carry-on bag searches. And while on the subject try not to think where, and on what, checked baggage screeners hands have been before getting to your bags. I'm confident that the cleanliness of their hands are foremost in the screeners thoughts when going into our bags.
Old May 22, 2018, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by TribalistMeathead
However, since getting PreCheck, my CPAP machine has been taken out and swabbed 0 times, they've found my toothpaste in my shaving kit 0 times, and they've found my keychain pocketknife that's designed to look like a key 0 times.
So much for the claim that PreCheck makes travel safer - but we knew that already any way.

I have heard of that for pat downs, didn't know that applied to carry-on bag searches. And while on the subject try not to think where, and on what, checked baggage screeners hands have been before getting to your bags. I'm confident that the cleanliness of their hands are foremost in the screeners thoughts when going into our bags.
The use of gloves has never been about the safety of passengers but rather has always been about protecting screeners themselves. IIRC, our old friend, Ron of the Platte, informed us of that.

Last edited by TWA884; May 24, 2018 at 4:08 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member; please use the multi-quote function
Old May 22, 2018, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kettle with Kryptonium Medallion Tags
Don't do it. We call it ExtortionCheck for a reason. Don't allow yourself to become an extortion victim.
+1 Plus if you file enough legitimate complaints about poor screening experiences and/or screening ineffectiveness, TSA will enroll you in its FreeCheck program (It's just like Pre, except you don't pay for it.)
Citizens need to remember that they can require (not request -- REQUIRE) a clerk to change gloves for any reason. Make sure they take them out of the box and not out of their pockets. Make sure they test them before they touch you or your stuff.
Those are good points to mention in your complaint, be001. Submit a complaint about how TSA contaminated your food. Mention that the Screener who contaminated your food did not use clean gloves (pulled from the box) and that the test was invalid since the screener did not first test their gloves before swabbing your food.
Old May 24, 2018, 8:31 pm

Or even a food.
I would consider it an explosive for sure, of the bowel kind

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.