Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Firearms Stolen from Checked Luggage

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2017, 10:00 am

Programs: AA EXP, Amex Plt, AA AC
Its the Baggage Service Area if I'm not mistaken. Bad thing is my last two trips with my guns they didn't end up at the BSA but ended up on the carousel

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
Any idea what "BSA" stands for in this usage?

Regardless, any kind of identifying flag seems beyond stupid.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Gun Stolen Out of A Guy's Checked Bag

...and the only thing AskTSA can say is "We're sorry." and added the usual drivel that they always leave a note if they inspect the bag. (Note that the Twitter link probably won't show up, so you'll have to hit the "quote" tab to see it.)

Old Oct 27, 2017, 7:19 am

Old Oct 30, 2017, 12:53 am

The problem with that suggestion is that other than the mandatory "go away TSA" style padlock, anything that indicates externally that the case has a firearm in it is prohibited by regulation. That includes baggage tag scans popping up a "firearm" display. That firearm declaration tag is placed inside the case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.