Wiki Posts
Search

Two New Changes to TSA.gov

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2017, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Two New Changes to TSA.gov

1. PV is now relegated to a link above the generic search window in the upper right corner of the web site. You really have to try hard to find it.

2. There's a new link called "TSA PreCheck Schedule; Find out when TSA Pre✓® lanes are available at your airport." So, they don't have any plans to fix ExtortionCheck. They are embarking on a plan to instill the "normal" that ExtortionCheck lanes aren't gong to be open when you expect them to be open and when your $85 extortion fee presumed they would be open. As POTUS would Tweet: "Pathetic.."
Old Jun 17, 2017, 3:11 pm

TSA has always maintained that passing the background check for Precheck is not a promise for Precheck. Given that, its difficult to sympathize.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 7:40 am

Programs: TSA
If you would like a direct link to the Blog, the below link will take you to the main page. Feel free to update your saved links! Even if you use the old blogger link, it will refer to the current page (at least for the foreseeable future.

https://www.tsa.gov/blog
Old Jun 19, 2017, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gsoltso
If you would like a direct link to the Blog, the below link will take you to the main page. Feel free to update your saved links! Even if you use the old blogger link, it will refer to the current page (at least for the foreseeable future.

https://www.tsa.gov/blog
Will this version of the TSA blog be maintained more often than the old one? Doesn't look like it so far.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 9:17 am

Programs: Delta TDK(or care)WIA, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sunshinekid
TSA has always maintained that passing the background check for Precheck is not a promise for Precheck. Given that, its difficult to sympathize.
This is a joke, right? You're conflating the reasonable condition that an individual passenger isn't guaranteed to get access on every single flight, and the lackadaisical attitude that the TSA shouldn't depended on to keep the lanes open (when keeping the lanes open is cheaper, more efficient, and safer, if steps are taken to run enough passengers through them to keep them at capacity).
Old Jun 19, 2017, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
Will this version of the TSA blog be maintained more often than the old one? Doesn't look like it so far.
I can tell you, there were no comments waiting for approval as of 1400 today. Feel free to come on over and post up.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I can tell you, there were no comments waiting for approval as of 1400 today. Feel free to come on over and post up.
Seems I and the rest of the readers of the TSA blog have lost interest. The same weekly recap week in and week out doesn't really lend itself to much discussion, or when we do comment our remarks are illegally censored. And without any participation from TSA what's the purpose of the comments anyhow? Of course the above doesn't dismiss the way comments have sat for days without anyone at TSA taking the time to post them.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 11:04 am

Seems I and the rest of the readers of the TSA blog have lost interest. The same weekly recap week in and week out doesn't really lend itself to much discussion, or when we do comment our remarks are illegally censored. And without any participation from TSA what's the purpose of the comments anyhow? Of course the above doesn't dismiss the way comments have sat for days without anyone at TSA taking the time to post them.
You are welcome back at any time.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You are welcome back at any time.
Maybe with the move to new quarters you guys should hang some new curtains and freshen up the content.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 12:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
What's the point? Nothing on the blog is binding at the checkpoint.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 1:16 pm

Maybe with the move to new quarters you guys should hang some new curtains and freshen up the content.
It has a new coat of paint, in standard us Gov colors . We are producing a bit more content right this moment, and we have also done a press push about the work on CT tech for the checkpoints. As always, changing how Uncle Sam does things , is a series of baby steps. I am still shocked that we moved from Blogger. Hopefully, we will have more consistent new stuff, and the comments will be more... interactive and flow more freely. I tried to get them to do some graphics stuff, and some different sections - We will see what happens moving forward.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It has a new coat of paint, in standard us Gov colors . We are producing a bit more content right this moment, and we have also done a press push about the work on CT tech for the checkpoints. As always, changing how Uncle Sam does things , is a series of baby steps. I am still shocked that we moved from Blogger. Hopefully, we will have more consistent new stuff, and the comments will be more... interactive and flow more freely. I tried to get them to do some graphics stuff, and some different sections - We will see what happens moving forward.
Do you know the reason why the move was made from Blogger? If so can you share?
Old Jun 21, 2017, 7:35 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by sunshinekid
Guaranteed precheck vs. randomized secondary is one thing, the hours the TSA maintains at some airports for Precheck is beyond ridiculous. It's one thing when an airport doesn't have the upgraded x-ray for Precheck (reasoning given to me at more than one airport), it's another when they blame staffing for that when they have five people standing around chatting after the AIT/WTMD) and then they blame "metrics" (essentially that there aren't enough passengers worth it to keep Precheck lately). And even when you trust the hours, they still aren't open.

Latest example: EWR Terminal A on a Tuesday. Arrive for a 7AM flight, get to the security checkpoint at 6AM. Precheck lane is closed, get my "light" card. Spend 30 minutes in line and I'm still nowhere near the front, my flight is about to begin boarding, finally get to the x-ray and get through at 6:42AM to rush to my gate.

According to the TSA website, that Precheck lane should have been open as of 5am. But, of course, it wasn't.

If this is a one off I could start blaming operational concerns, but I've had that happen three times now in a row. I've given up and started clearing Pre at Terminal C, and then taking the shuttle bus on the sterile side to Terminal A.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 7:48 am

Do you know the reason why the move was made from Blogger? If so can you share?
I have no idea why we made the move. I *think* that they are making moves to umbrella everything in one location, giving them better control and a more streamlined system capability. Another thought I had was that it appears we are moving more and more systems to an HQ operated platform, instead of privately owned systems. Of course, that is simply my opinion based upon my observations.

Hopefully, we will begin filtering in more content soon, the new direction of our senior leadership appears to be moving in a different direction than our previous leadership. I have always been a big fan of cross sharing with DHS, maybe even other organizations, but that is not something I see in the immediate future.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 7:57 am

Subject to availability has been in place since the beginning. Where is the proof that precheck is safer. Was the 95% test failures based only on regular lanes? Did the failed tests include precheck?

Last edited by sunshinekid; Jun 21, 2017 at 8:54 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.