Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

My "interaction" with a TSA BDO (aka Spot-nick) at EWR May 13, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My "interaction" with a TSA BDO (aka Spot-nick) at EWR May 13, 2017

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2017, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chollie
It definitely crossed the crazy line when the TSO kept trying to interrogate me while I was sitting in the stall. Quite possibly the most bizarre interaction I have ever had with TSA - or security services anywhere in the world.
20/20 hindsight, but I would have had the iPhone video recorder cranking when the SPOTNik followed me in the men's room.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by chollie
It definitely crossed the crazy line when the TSO kept trying to interrogate me while I was sitting in the stall. Quite possibly the most bizarre interaction I have ever had with TSA - or security services anywhere in the world.
It certainly would have been a great Facebook Live video.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 10:59 am

Programs: enjoyed being warm spit for a few years on CO/UA but now nothing :(
Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
20/20 hindsight, but I would have had the iPhone video recorder cranking when the SPOTNik followed me in the men's room.
The problem with doing that is you better know the laws of the jurisdiction you are in regarding video- and audio-taping. Do it in the wrong place (a bathroom) in certain/most jurisdictions and you could wind up with serious legal problems from zealous federal/local prosecutors using the system to intimidate you in your efforts to "attack" a federal worker...
Old Jun 1, 2017, 11:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by Section 107
The problem with doing that is you better know the laws of the jurisdiction you are in regarding video- and audio-taping. Do it in the wrong place (a bathroom) in certain/most jurisdictions and you could wind up with serious legal problems from zealous federal/local prosecutors using the system to intimidate you in your efforts to "attack" a federal worker...
This.

I was scared stiff. I knew that if I made a single mis-step, the cops would be called, I'd miss my flight, I wouldn't be allowed to use my phone to let my folks know, who would be frightened out of their minds when I didn't arrive as scheduled.

You go through life figuring that if you get in a bad spot, you call the police. Except if you're in a 'bad spot' with TSA, the police aren't going to be there to help you, they're just going to do TSA's bidding.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.