Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

TSA wants to get more intimate when doing passenger pat downs.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA wants to get more intimate when doing passenger pat downs.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2017, 11:56 am

Thanks for finding this. I'm wondering why they allowed this to be recorded.

From what I've read, the new procedure goes even further than this because two hands are actually in the genitals up to 5 or 6 times, not "just" a hand running up the inside of the thigh to briefly touch between the legs. Of course, then we do have screeners who have enjoyed jabbing people in the genitals when doing this procedure; maybe the new procedure if done properly doesn't allow for jabbing.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

From watching the screening video linked in post #80 I would encourage anyone getting a pat down to demand clean gloves. The screener in the video put his hands in that persons hair. I don't need a transfer of critters from some other unknown person to myself because TSA can't figure out how to screen people. As if that man could have hidden anything in his short hair that would constitute a threat.

And now I am wondering what will a resolution pat down be like? Just how much more invasive can TSA get since they are already over the sexual assault line?
Old Mar 9, 2017, 12:44 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by petaluma1

From what I've read, the new procedure goes even further than this because two hands are actually in the genitals up to 5 or 6 times, not "just" a hand running up the inside of the thigh to briefly touch between the legs. Of course, then we do have screeners who have enjoyed jabbing people in the genitals when doing this procedure; maybe the new procedure if done properly doesn't allow for jabbing.
The new procedure is there to try to enable further groin jabbing. Notice the set-up video that has the screener telling the "screened" passenger to pull up and hold up their pants. It's done to increase contact with the genitals and the area near the genitals.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What the Sexual Assaults Are Really Doing..

Originally Posted by petaluma1

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
From watching the screening video linked in post #80 I would encourage anyone getting a pat down to demand clean gloves. The screener in the video put his hands in that persons hair. I don't need a transfer of critters from some other unknown person to myself because TSA can't figure out how to screen people. As if that man could have hidden anything in his short hair that would constitute a threat.

And now I am wondering what will a resolution pat down be like? Just how much more invasive can TSA get since they are already over the sexual assault line?
Folks,

We can't lose sight of the fact that the TSA "employees" are not sexually assaulting us to find underwear bombs. They are groping us to collect residue on their gloves in the hope that we will test "positive". Since they have already sexually assaulted us equivalent to the "resolution pat-down," I wonder what's next: a strip search? a body cavity search? an arrest on suspicion of terrorism?
Old Mar 9, 2017, 8:08 pm

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
I'm one of those people that opts out on principle (I'm precheck, but if I get that random beep...)

Call me childish, but I absolutely do everything in my power to make it extremely uncomfortable for the screener and their supervisor.

I would have zero issues, provided this new pat down is indeed more invasive, summoning law enforcement and declaring assault personally against the screener. In all honesty, though, I would need to hear the new 'speech' before the patdown, in order to determine if I willingly agreed to it or not beforehand.

I frequently fly through SFO, which is not TSA technically, so if it happens, I'll report back.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
I'm one of those people that opts out on principle (I'm precheck, but if I get that random beep...)
If anything, the new procedure seems like an incentive to avoid Precheck. My experience suggests that I'm more likely to alarm a WTMD than a MMW scanner.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 2:48 am

Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton

Call me childish, but I absolutely do everything in my power to make it extremely uncomfortable for the screener and their supervisor.

I would have zero issues, provided this new pat down is indeed more invasive, summoning law enforcement and declaring assault personally against the screener. In all honesty, though, I would need to hear the new 'speech' before the patdown, in order to determine if I willingly agreed to it or not beforehand.

I frequently fly through SFO, which is not TSA technically, so if it happens, I'll report back.

There's an old Russian proverb that while you may decide whether or not to dance with the bear in the first place, the bear is the one who decides when the dance is over.

Start claiming assault and you might find the police demand you file a police report. They might insist that you wait to be questioned. And no one's going to hold your departing flight for you. Miss your flight? Too bad.

Also, remember who has your name, DOB, and all your vitals. You might well find yourself getting a lot of secondary screenings in the future.

I share your outrage, but would think twice about making a scene.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 3:28 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by HomerJay
There's an old Russian proverb that while you may decide whether or not to dance with the bear in the first place, the bear is the one who decides when the dance is over.

Start claiming assault and you might find the police demand you file a police report. They might insist that you wait to be questioned. And no one's going to hold your departing flight for you. Miss your flight? Too bad.

Also, remember who has your name, DOB, and all your vitals. You might well find yourself getting a lot of secondary screenings in the future.

The TSA isn't the bear. And if the TSA retaliates, it's going to open itself for further challenge.

Just because someone calls for police involvement doesn't mean the person calling the police is required to file a police report.

"La resistance est inutile"? No, especially not when the TSA wants to touch and more than touch our "resistance".

Will the TSA perhaps try to make passengers pay a price for peaceful and orderly resistance to getting fondled like this? Perhaps. Will that stop me from doing my legal part to challenge the TSA? No.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HomerJay

What you suggest is what TSA is counting on. If we as a people are so afraid of government to question certain acts then we are lost.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
The TSA isn't the bear. And if the TSA retaliates, it's going to open itself for further challenge.

Just because someone calls for police involvement doesn't mean the person calling the police is required to file a police report.

"La resistance est inutile"? No, especially not when the TSA wants to touch and more than touch our "resistance".

Will the TSA perhaps try to make passengers pay a price for peaceful and orderly resistance to getting fondled like this? Perhaps. Will that stop me from doing my legal part to challenge the TSA? No.

Top rate response!

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
What you suggest is what TSA is counting on. If we as a people are so afraid of government to question certain acts then we are lost.
^^

Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
Folks,

We can't lose sight of the fact that the TSA "employees" are not sexually assaulting us to find underwear bombs. They are groping us to collect residue on their gloves in the hope that we will test "positive". Since they have already sexually assaulted us equivalent to the "resolution pat-down," I wonder what's next: a strip search? a body cavity search? an arrest on suspicion of terrorism?
Thank you; I shall keep that in mind.

Last edited by TWA884; Mar 10, 2017 at 9:17 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts
Old Mar 10, 2017, 11:00 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Moderator's Note:

Recent posts discussing Muhammad Ali Jr's being stopped at DCA and told that his Illinois-issued identification card was invalid for flying were moved to the following thread:
TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Mar 12, 2017, 2:09 pm
KDS

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Car Executive Elite
Just observed the female version of the "new, safer-for-security-and-cognitively-challenged TSOs" grope of the groin as I passed through PreCheck at DTW.

(Note: Saw at least two people forced to go through MMW scanner at PreCheck today during my 5 minutes at the checkpoint. Bummer for the people who paid for it and still get treated to the regular nonsense.)

Female version is:
1. Female TSO interlocks fingers from both hands into a rectangular shape for the two hands together.
2. Female TSO then starts rubbing the groin starting at right top side, "backside of hands toward victim", from right to left multiple times, moving down about an inch for each subsequent rub.
3. Female TSO then starts rubbing the groin starting at right top side, moving downwards multiple times, moving an inch to the left for each subsequent rub.

Full contact is made with the groin. Also, the procedure STILL involves rubbing the TSO's hands up and down the thigh into the groin area. So nothing lost from previous procedure, just more disgusting things added.

(Side note: TSO called bag check on my carryon bag cause of "fear" I had a sharp object in the bag. Apparently the X-ray scan made my car keys look funny. I told the TSO there were no sharp objects in the bag; he said "I trust you, but I need to check it anyway." My comment: "No, you don't trust me, else I'd already be on my way." He did a double-take, then said, "Well, yes, trust but verify in order to be safe." I commented "Neither verification nor safety is occurring here today.")
Old Mar 12, 2017, 2:32 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by KDS
Just observed the female version of the "new, safer-for-security-and-cognitively-challenged TSOs" grope of the groin as I passed through PreCheck at DTW.

(Note: Saw at least two people forced to go through MMW scanner at PreCheck today during my 5 minutes at the checkpoint. Bummer for the people who paid for it and still get treated to the regular nonsense.)

Female version is:
1. Female TSO interlocks fingers from both hands into a rectangular shape for the two hands together.
2. Female TSO then starts rubbing the groin starting at right top side, "backside of hands toward victim", from right to left multiple times, moving down about an inch for each subsequent rub.
3. Female TSO then starts rubbing the groin starting at right top side, moving downwards multiple times, moving an inch to the left for each subsequent rub.

Full contact is made with the groin. Also, the procedure STILL involves rubbing the TSO's hands up and down the thigh into the groin area. So nothing lost from previous procedure, just more disgusting things added.

(Side note: TSO called bag check on my carryon bag cause of "fear" I had a sharp object in the bag. Apparently the X-ray scan made my car keys look funny. I told the TSO there were no sharp objects in the bag; he said "I trust you, but I need to check it anyway." My comment: "No, you don't trust me, else I'd already be on my way." He did a double-take, then said, "Well, yes, trust but verify in order to be safe." I commented "Neither verification nor safety is occurring here today.")
To which the TSO probably replied: "Sir/Ma'am, I am just doing my job, which is to inconvenience you as much as possible."
Old Mar 12, 2017, 2:37 pm
KDS

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Car Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Explorer789
To which the TSO probably replied: "Sir/Ma'am, I am just doing my job, which is to inconvenience you as much as possible."
Had he said that, he would at least have been honest. But, the reality is that he just said I could "go".
Old Mar 12, 2017, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KDS
Had he said that, he would at least have been honest. But, the reality is that he just said I could "go".

Before or after your razor sharp keys were found?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.