Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

TSA wants to get more intimate when doing passenger pat downs.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA wants to get more intimate when doing passenger pat downs.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2017, 5:29 pm

Programs: Gold elite, Amex plat. H Honors
bulky protective undergarments

Originally Posted by petaluma1
This is a question I have asked several times. Do they make these people remove these products to be tested? If not, then prodding is useless unless, as FliesWay2Much suggested, these patdowns are really for the purpose of trying to find explosive residue and not "dangerous items". As an added benefit, however, such products keep prodding fingers at bay - therefore, I would suggest that people wear them.
I agree, everyone should get a comfy pair of Depends. Then if long line to lav on long haul flight. A bit in jest, but not really. An issue for many travellers. How will they handle this with more Intimate exams?
Old Mar 21, 2017, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is a question I have asked several times. Do they make these people remove these products to be tested? If not, then prodding is useless unless, as FliesWay2Much suggested, these patdowns are really for the purpose of trying to find explosive residue and not "dangerous items". As an added benefit, however, such products keep prodding fingers at bay - therefore, I would suggest that people wear them.
The answer is an apparent yes.

https://www.infowars.com/hes-wearing...cancer-victim/

A cancer victim who suffers from incontinence was humiliated during an incident last week when a TSA agent loudly announced “he’s wearing a diaper” to waiting travelers, before laughing and subjecting the man to a strip search.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
This is from 2014. I recall TSA harassed a woman and her elderly mother who was wearing a wet incontinence product. They made the woman remove her mother's diaper and she didn't have another one, thinking that her mother could make it to her destination without needing a change.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 6:33 pm

Programs: Gold elite, Amex plat. H Honors
this is very sad. What exactly do they need to feel? genital anatomy??
Old Mar 21, 2017, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sheegoes

Ask TSA, only the screeners know.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 8:56 pm

Well, that poses a bit of a problem. Human waste contains high amount of nitrogen, thus can trigger the explosives detection.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 8:01 am

Programs: TSA
From comments made @TSA and @AkTSA, something seems to be going on. Items that travelers have carried for months are being confiscated, foodstuffs are being confiscated - including candy at GSO - various other things that give one the idea that TSA is cracking down for some reason.
Where was that published? I have never seen candy disallowed for travel. Please indicate where this was quoted or stated.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 8:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Not the only place it has happened recently. Someone got candy/snacks confiscated at ROC (?), IIRC. Pax was surprised, questioned the TSO and was told that snacks weren't allowed.

The screeners took advantage of 'screener discretion' to score some treats. I'm soooo sure they went right into the trash. Not.

Or perhaps the screeners mistakenly identified sugar candy as deadly nitro pills.

Last edited by chollie; Mar 22, 2017 at 9:56 am
Old Mar 22, 2017, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've heard a rumor that TSA is contemplating restricting all checked or carry-on items and prohibiting passengers on commercial flights in an Abundance of Caution to eliminate all forms of potential Air Piracy and Terrorist acts. TSA is on the Front Lines of the War On Terror and places the public's safety only second to the morale of TSA's professional, highly trained workforce of Counter-Terrorism experts.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by gsoltso
Where was that published? I have never seen candy disallowed for travel. Please indicate where this was quoted or stated.
Go look through either @TSA or @AskTSA. It was a couple of weeks ago. And see Chollie's comment also.

Here's another one:

@TSA apperantly my ribs and avocado, and steak with rice are also prohibited. At least according to @PHXSkyHarbor screeners! #Morons!

Last edited by petaluma1; Mar 22, 2017 at 10:48 am
Old Mar 22, 2017, 10:28 am

I've heard a rumor that TSA is contemplating restricting all checked or carry-on items and prohibiting passengers on commercial flights in an Abundance of Caution to eliminate all forms of potential Air Piracy and Terrorist acts. TSA is on the Front Lines of the War On Terror and places the public's safety only second to the morale of TSA's professional, highly trained workforce of Counter-Terrorism experts.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by sheegoes
Several tweets about screeners "handling" men's penises and manipulating testicles.

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&...penis&src=typd
Old Mar 22, 2017, 11:29 am

Go look through either @TSA or @AskTSA. It was a couple of weeks ago. And see Chollie's comment also.

Here's another one:
I'm sure @AskTSA bots recommended that the pax submit a complaint form - or at least promised to forward the complaint to the GSO airport.

Or perhaps they just posted that famous bot answer: "Our website says that shouldn't happen, but our screeners always have the final say. Sorrrry."
Old Mar 22, 2017, 11:31 am

Several tweets about screeners "handling" men's penises and manipulating testicles.

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&...penis&src=typd
This is really all about boosting TSO morale. No more lying to the public. Now they can officially and openly fondle penises and scrotums and breasts with open palms and require pax to 'rearrange' clothing in any way they choose.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chollie
This is really all about boosting TSO morale. No more lying to the public. Now they can officially and openly fondle penises and scrotums and breasts with open palms and require pax to 'rearrange' clothing in any way they choose.
Seems like the two Denver TSA screeners that were fired for "aggressive" screening back in 2015 might have a valid EEO complaint now that TSA is mandating the same thing they were fired for.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.