Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

"Now You Can Get TSA Precheck at the DMV, a Concert, or a Tax Office"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2016, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

They are really getting desperate...

Neffy wants 25 million extortion victims signed up by 2019.

"Our brand research found that Precheck makes people feel rewarded, respected, empowered and engaged."
Yep -- Apparachik if I ever saw it...

Last summer TSA approved the opening of Precheck enrollment centers at H&R Block tax service offices in 27 states. More locations have been added since then.

More recently, MorphoTrust set up Precheck enrollment sites in Department of Motor Vehicle offices across Virginia. The company also offers temporary Precheck sign-up centers as a perk for attendees at some big conferences and now has a "Summer Tour" under way bringing pop-up enrollment centers to easy-to-access hotels in 15 cities across the country.

<snip>

As part of a freshly inked deal with mega concert promoter LiveNation, travelers are being encouraged to apply for Precheck status at festivals, such as the two weekend-long Watershed country music festival underway in central Washington State.
And to make it convenient and more accessible to sign up, we're going where there are large groups of people that often had to travel to get there."
What the TSA dweeb doesn't comprehend is that most people at these country music festivals traveled by pickup truck or camper van.

Old Aug 9, 2016, 7:14 am

I'm seeing complaints that Pre lines are becoming longer and slower than regular lines. Surprise, surprise. Many are beginning to realize Pre is a scam.

And, yes, TSA does seem to be getting desperate for membership.

As for "feel rewarded, respected, empowered and engaged" - just like the TSA itself "makes" people feel safe, not be safe.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 10:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
I wonder how much $$ TSA is splashing out on all these pop-up enrollment centers? Someone in the private sector is making $$$ off this, and I doubt if it's covered by the $85 fee.

I wish someone in Congress would call out TSA's lies about '95% of Pre pax experience less than 5 minutes wait'. I'd like someone in Congress to force TSA to admit that they have no idea how long people are waiting in Pre lines. I'd also like TSA to explain to Congress what percentage of Pre-qualified pax are denied the full Pre experience (no dedicated line or Pre 'lite', aka, 'you may get to keep your shoes on').

Neffy's trying to get people to sign up for a service he will not commit to providing. He should be denied the fat bonus he's angling for until he can not only sign up 25 million travelers, but consistently provide the full Pre experience to everyone who has paid for it every time they travel. Anything less is a failure and a giveaway to some connected government contractor.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chollie
I wonder how much $$ TSA is splashing out on all these pop-up enrollment centers? Someone in the private sector is making $$$ off this, and I doubt if it's covered by the $85 fee.

I wish someone in Congress would call out TSA's lies about '95% of Pre pax experience less than 5 minutes wait'. I'd like someone in Congress to force TSA to admit that they have no idea how long people are waiting in Pre lines. I'd also like TSA to explain to Congress what percentage of Pre-qualified pax are denied the full Pre experience (no dedicated line or Pre 'lite', aka, 'you may get to keep your shoes on').

Neffy's trying to get people to sign up for a service he will not commit to providing. He should be denied the fat bonus he's angling for until he can not only sign up 25 million travelers, but consistently provide the full Pre experience to everyone who has paid for it every time they travel. Anything less is a failure and a giveaway to some connected government contractor.
Won't be Neffy's problem. 2019 is at the end of the Hillary administration's first term.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 9:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
Won't be Neffy's problem. 2019 is at the end of the Hillary administration's first term.
Neffy will likely quit TSA one day and start at the security firm TSA outsourced the Pre program to on the next day.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 9:51 am

TSA Precheck now for concerts???!!!

Live Nation - which promotes itself as "The Global Leader of live entertainment" - has partnered with Identgo - which provides identity related services and is operated by MorphoTrust - have partnered to allow "approved fans will be able to get on a special line and go through TSA-like protocols to enter the venue at a much faster pace."

The article, ends with "the fee to sign up is $85 for five years, and you can find out more about enrolling in the TSA pre-check program". A link to the sign up for precheck is provided in the article.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 5:37 am

Live Nation & TSA PreCheck

http://forum.phish.net/forum/show/1376844750

Live Nation has announced an interesting partnership that should make getting into concerts a whole lot easier. The concert giant is teaming up with IdentoGo, the company that helps facilitate the TSA Pre-Check program that has become popular among frequent travelers.
Comments are interesting, especially this one:

I've had TSA pre-check for a few years now. It has become so common that it almost isn't worth it, and they can just up and decide to shut down the TSA pre-check lines whenever they feel like it. It's great at times, but unfortunately there's no way to know if it will be great until you get there. Leads to getting to the gate way too early, or stressing out about the lines because you thought pre-check had you covered.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 6:19 am

Programs: enjoyed being warm spit for a few years on CO/UA but now nothing :(
Originally Posted by gingersnaps
Live Nation - which promotes itself as "The Global Leader of live entertainment" - has partnered with Identgo - which provides identity related services and is operated by MorphoTrust - have partnered to allow "approved fans will be able to get on a special line and go through TSA-like protocols to enter the venue at a much faster pace."

The article, ends with "the fee to sign up is $85 for five years, and you can find out more about enrolling in the TSA pre-check program". A link to the sign up for precheck is provided in the article.
And now we have more info on not just where you travel but what entertainment you attend [not that we weren't getting that from other sources]...but at least now the sources are being consolidated.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 5:58 pm

Programs: UA1K/RCC, Avis CHM, NWA Plat, SPG Plat
Live Nation adds TSA Pre-Check enrollment at concerts

Not really travel-related, but I thought it is an interesting development.

Essentially, Pre-Check is going to get you through concert lanes "faster". From the article:

"Signing up for the festival Fast Pass is the same as for the TSA Pre-Check — in fact, enrolling in one qualifies you for both, so if you’re already a Pre-Check member, you’re already able to skip the Live Nation lines. "

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.