Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSO took my gate pass

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2015, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by mkt
Not a big deal, but definitely curious.

SO and I are presently long distance - me in TPA, her in SJU - because getting laid off in PR and finding work in TPA. We travel every two weeks to see each other, alternating who travels when.

The past few trips out of Florida to PR (MCO, TPA, FLL... we change it up), I've been able to get gate passes to spend time with her as she boards. I get through TSA, no problems

The last trip out of TPA, the TSO kept the gate pass. Is this normal - that the TSO keeps the gate pass?
No it is not normal. TSA representatives have no authority to detain. TSA representatives have no authority to take items from individuals that are not prohibited.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 1:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Often1
No problem having your gate pass collected by TSA. It serves no purpose once other than to get you through the checkpoint.

If you happen to lose a BP, there's also no problem until it comes time to board. So, sometime between the checkpoint and boarding, you will need to obtain a new one.

Collecting the gate pass is a big nothing.
It's a big nothing if you're ok with them having your personal information. I am not - it's easy to take a name, find an address, and break into their house. After all, the screener knows you aren't home. No thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.