Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

CNN Article - Pilot: Is TSA security a complete failure?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2015, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, United

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/03/opinio...ure/index.html
Old Jun 4, 2015, 5:33 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
Les is spot on.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 12:08 am

Rather depends on the point of TSA security. If it's to employ unemployables, waste massive amounts of money, cause fear among the general populace and discourage foreigners from travelling to the US then it's working perfectly.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by alanR
Rather depends on the point of TSA security. If it's to employ unemployables, waste massive amounts of money, cause fear among the general populace and discourage foreigners from travelling to the US then it's working perfectly.
I think the point of TSA is to make money for some peeps. The things you listed were just a by-product that those in charge don't care to address or, as in the case of the fearful general populace, the money makers enjoy the benefits of.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 12:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Yeah, unfortunately, there is nothing can do with it. They have no aviation security experience. Why TSA is so bad? They didn't doing so well. They have to do re-training again. They have go to classroom for 40 hours and they have to be completely the training. They have to get better. They have to be more improved. TSA did not taking their own responsibilities. They did not find a gun, knives, boxcutters, weapons and fake explosives, as well.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 1:32 pm

Wait, I've been living under a rock for 12 years, ever since I got my lobotomy.
Are there actual problems with TSA?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.