US renews "undetectable" gun ban

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2013, 10:41 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
US renews "undetectable" gun ban

Some in the US Senate wanted to require that the metal component in "undetectable" guns not be detachable and re-attachable, but the US House of Reps refused to go with that:

http://news.yahoo.com/congress-renew...-politics.html

The concern from the Senate side was that a detachable-retachable metal component in such guns would make it easier for someone to smuggle such past x-ray machines and WTMDs.

Reagan, Clinton and GW Bush signed off on this ban before. Now Obama has signed off on it too.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 12:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite
Glad they passed it. A shame they couldn't close the loophole.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 1:58 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
The genie is out of the bottle, more and more. I doubt all criminals are going to respect such a ban, with or without the "loophole".
Old Dec 12, 2013, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by TravellingSalesman
Glad they passed it. A shame they couldn't close the loophole.
Why does it matter? Anybody that wants to can carry anything they want through the AIT system so long as it is separated from their body.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GUWonder
The genie is out of the bottle, more and more. I doubt all criminals are going to respect such a ban, with or without the "loophole".
Laws are only good for those willing to obey the law. Drug dealers, thieves, and other criminals may not obey the law if they can have a hard to detect weapon.

Given the advances in 3D printer technology this ban won't mean much to those who don't care about a ban.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.