Wiki Posts
Search

"I'm 87 years old!"

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2013, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eyecue
Opinion...
Absolutely! It is also my opinion that people who work for TSA are defective in some way. Morally, ethically, mentally or some other critical flaw.
Old May 23, 2013, 6:42 pm
Used to be "MariaP"

deleted

Last edited by wave goodbye; Aug 24, 2013 at 8:07 pm
Old May 24, 2013, 11:20 am

Programs: TSA
Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
Absolutely! It is also my opinion that people who work for TSA are defective in some way. Morally, ethically, mentally or some other critical flaw.
I dont fit any of those characteristics! Is that stereotyping? Who was it that said: " Let those that are without sin cast the first stone?"
Old May 24, 2013, 11:48 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, TSA Disparager Gold, going for Platnium
I dont fit any of those characteristics! Is that stereotyping? Who was it that said: " Let those that are without sin cast the first stone?"
Not a sterotype if the acts/actions/behaviors are proven true time and time again as true.
Old May 24, 2013, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Doesn't change my opinion.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Why? If the person is part of TSA there is about a 99% chance they are just as corrupt as the frontline screeners.
Opinion...
No, statistic.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 1:41 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, SW Rewards, WorldPerks, Barnes and Noble Frequent Buyers
Totally different situation with my 88 yr old mom in a wheel chair at T2 on 25 May. I said she can't walk, she's not taking off her shoes. I wasn't flying but accompanying her to the gate. They put her aside to wait for an assist. They were using both the NoS and the Mag. I told the TSO I can't lift my arm due to a work injury and could I go through the mag. He said go for it. I had the walker and had to wait for it to get swabbed. The female assist came and mom was done, in 3 minutes. She explained everything to Mom, and there was no invasion of body parts.

Maybe we hit it at a good day or maybe I just looked like I would brook no nonsense. Had there been a problem I would have asked for a 3 striper and taken no prisoners. We had plenty of time.

I am sorry for the hassle the OP's mom went through. Contact the IG and let it loose.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 2:02 pm

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
My mother-in-law and I have both had the experience of traveling on United with the wheelchair assistance and have always been treated courteously. The closest I came to an issue with TSA was when my dad (aged 87 and with Alzheimer's lite at the time) was stopped by TSA and questioned. I came over and, with my hand on my dad's shoulder, asked the agent what the problem was and the agent yelled at me about touching him which necessitated my being specially screened also. My husband who is over 75 is routinely allowed through with shoes on (which wounds him as he really really wants the guy to think he is younger!). I am a bit younger and keep toying with the idea of trying to get by to see if I look my age! But it seems easier just to take off my shoes! And possibly better for my ego...

Is it possible that TSA thought YOU might be giving your mother something to put in her shoes knowing she was exempt? Hard to second guess sometimes. Also, depending on what is going on, TSA tweeks the sensors.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 7:49 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum,Sky Club, Marriott Platinum for Life
Hear! Hear!

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
For a TSA clerk to be yelling at anyone is not acceptable and that person should be fired on the spot. The treatment of travelers by TSA is also unacceptable.

The only cure for TSA is complete removal of this cancer from the face of the earth.
TSA is a Potemkin village and the village idiots run the place.

That TSA screamer was probably asking you "Would you like to super-size that?" a year ago. These are unskilled people who never before in their lives had the authority to tell anyone what to do. Now they get to lord it over "The Suits".

TSA is not making us safe. It's a fraud. And having to fly almost every week makes it no easier to bear.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 11:01 pm

Programs: United, Delta
TSA is an agency out of control. Most of the TSA agents would not qualify to work at McDonalds, but they are public servants, "protecting us..." (apologies to all McDonalds folks, I like the coffee there!)

In Chicago, I once personally witnessed a TSA goon scream at a well dressed, polite woman "I need to see your photo ID!) The lady produced her drivers license, then the TSA goon screamed "This has expired! I need to see your ID!

Hmmm, ok but did her looks change that much?

The woman started to cry and the TSA goon continued with his tantrum.

I believe it was Benjamin Franklin who said "People who give up freedoms for security deserve neither."

Every time the TSA goons -our fellow US citizens- abuse and bully us, Bin Laden/Al Qaeda wins a small victory...
Old Jun 12, 2013, 12:07 am

This continues my attitude that DHS & TSA really, really and I mean really hate the American people whom they are trying to "protect".
Old Jun 15, 2013, 12:26 pm

Programs: No airline status whatsoever, Chase URs, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
I am mystified by the fact that nobody took any action when this obviously deranged TSA employee went after a elderly lady. Why wasn't a supervisor called? Maybe the airport police? This story sounds a little odd to me.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 12:28 pm

I agree. I think it's highly unlikely that YOU have been pulling prosthetic breasts out of cancer victims' brassieres like your female TSA colleagues have.

Shame on Mr. Dog for even suggesting this.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by judyserienagy
I am mystified by the fact that nobody took any action when this obviously deranged TSA employee went after a elderly lady. Why wasn't a supervisor called? Maybe the airport police? This story sounds a little odd to me.
I'm not mystified at all. Any TSA employee deranged enough to attack an elderly lady would be equally likely to turn that anger upon any stranger who attempted to intervene. And we've heard plenty of examples here of TSA supervisors who, if called, would blindly support their subordinate; calling a supervisor is no guarantee of any sort of remedy.

Strangers walking by, not know anything about why the TSA employee and the elderly lady are in conflict, are going to have a much easier time of it by simply keeping their head down and minding their own business. It's unfortunate. It's also the attitude that TSA has successfully cultivated in (most of) the rest of us.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 8:28 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, TSA Disparager Gold, going for Platnium
Originally Posted by Karen2
I came over and, with my hand on my dad's shoulder, asked the agent what the problem was and the agent yelled at me about touching him which necessitated my being specially screened also.
That was completely unprofessional and called for by the govt clerk.

If that had been me I would have been yelling 10x louder "What is wrong with you, do you have no manners ... WHOSE YOUR SUPERVISOR". Maybe if publicly embarrassed often enough TSA will finally learn some manners. However past behavior being a indicator of future there is an obese probability of that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.