Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

TSA ignores a real vulnerability: airport fences

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA ignores a real vulnerability: airport fences

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2013, 9:14 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, DL Silver, UA Gold, *A Gold, OW Emerald
have we learned anything?

If the local authorities cannot secure the airport property then U.S. carriers should not be flying there.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by SeriouslyLost
Seriously, how do you steal that sort of thing without someone noticing?!
Just keep everyone busy looking for toothpaste, water, people who don´t remove their shoes and laptops...
Old Feb 22, 2013, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Orion
If the local authorities cannot secure the airport property then U.S. carriers should not be flying there.
If the goal is to take out individual airplanes then an inside job is the most direct method and airport workers have near unlimited access. Another means could be use of a man portable weapon well away from an airport.

9/11 wasn't about taking out airplanes but using airplanes as weapons. That hole has been plugged.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 1:26 pm

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
Originally Posted by Fredd
For the moment I'm sitting on the fence about that.
Mind the barbed wire.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.