Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anchorage Terminal Dump

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2012, 9:43 am

Programs: DL MM Gold
Originally Posted by puddinhead
...Plutonium has over 3 times the atomic weight of lead, it doesn't take much to reach 50 lbs.
To be precise, atomic weight is not directly proportional to density, or else plutonium's density of 19.7 g/cm^3 would be much higher than lead's 11.3.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
"So where are you flying today?"

"Oh, I'm going to Bombay."

"What? Did you say there's a bomb in the cargo bay? Evacuate! Evacuate!"

Mike
Old Oct 26, 2012, 6:38 pm

Programs: AADULtArer
Only a terrorist wouldn't know it's Mumbai of course.....
Old Jun 12, 2013, 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by Schmurrr
My first thought on reading this was, "He should've known better than to joke about bombs at the airport."

Then I remembered how much I hate having to be civil when I'm getting groped--how fear of retaliation keeps me from speaking out against it as forcefully as I would like. TSA is attempting to quash my freedom of speech, and that angers me! I am angry on Mr. Friesema's behalf, too. What does it matter if he says the word "bomb" in an airport? As long as he's not bringing a bomb on board, what harm does it do to say that word? There was more harm in the terminal dump than in him saying "bomb." Also, would there have been a terminal dump if he'd suggested his friend's bag had "something illegal" or "a surprise" in it? I want to go to an airport now and just chant "bomb" over and over until it loses its power.

Now yelling "bomb" is a different story.
Not to give al Qaeda any ideas, but they don't even have to bring a bomb to an airport. All they need to do to so as to disrupt the entire air traffic system is send 20 operatives to strategically chosen airports and have each utter the word "bomb" at some point within the space of an hour.

Due to the insane reactive policy of our security theater actors, they can practically make the skies over America resemble how they were on 9/12/01 - empty.

(My conscience is salved by the fact that if AQ has a brain cell working, they have already considered this strategy).
Old Jun 12, 2013, 11:03 pm

I suppose that if I asked the rest of the security line if they would be offended by me expressing my sentiments about TSA by dropping an "F-bomb" that the terminal would be "dumped".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.