Wiki Posts
Search

3-1-1 resurge

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2012, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TSA
3-1-1 resurge

Sunday is a comeback date for this rule. Have a clear kippy bag or there is going to be a problem.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 4:57 pm

Programs: DL MM Gold
But we've been discussing it being enforced with excess vigor since the 12th. Where ya been?
Old Aug 17, 2012, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by TheRoadie
But we've been discussing it being enforced with excess vigor since the 12th. Where ya been?
even with the zero tolerance policy in place for not having a freedom bag, news reports already inform us that the freedom bag rules will change again soon, well at least concerning snow globes.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 6:42 pm

Oh I'm so scared take your kippie bag & shove it up your resistance...
Old Aug 17, 2012, 7:55 pm

Why does it matter whether it's in or out of our bags? Is the TSA going to be testing every liquid in every freedom bag? Obviously they won't be so why does it matter? They can see the liquids on the x-ray whether they are in the bag or not. I know I've been caught leaving a water bottle in my bag before.

Also, why is one 500 ml container dangerous, but five 100 ml containers are not? Don't worry, I know the answer...I believe it's called security theater.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by spd476
Also, why is one 500 ml container dangerous, but five 100 ml containers are not? Don't worry, I know the answer...I believe it's called security theater.
Because you can't walk 20 feet past security, buy a water bottle, empty it out, and combine your 5 x 100ml liquids into one container... right?
Old Aug 17, 2012, 10:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Silver
Originally Posted by javabytes
Because you can't walk 20 feet past security, buy a water bottle, empty it out, and combine your 5 x 100ml liquids into one container... right?
No need to even buy the water bottle airside. You can bring in your own empty water bottle, outside the freedom baggie.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 11:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by CaptainMiles
No need to even buy the water bottle airside. You can bring in your own empty water bottle, outside the freedom baggie.
Such devious minds. You are obviously an even bigger threat to the motherland than I am... I mean homeland...
Old Aug 18, 2012, 12:59 am

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by FatherAbraham
even with the zero tolerance policy in place for not having a freedom bag
I don't have a bag and never have. Does that mean the TSA is going to have a go at me because I don't have any liquids?
Old Aug 18, 2012, 2:11 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards. Tha... that's about it.
Originally Posted by javabytes
Such devious minds. You are obviously an even bigger threat to the motherland than I am... I mean homeland...
I think you mean Fatherland. Or Fazzerlent, if you want to use a pseudo-German accent.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 4:23 am

I said this in another thread, but I can only say what's going on in Boston.... The airport authority in Boston(Massport) has been supplying the passengers with baggie stations. Every checkpoint security line has a baggie station where you can pick up a baggie before you get in line. 1 baggie per person and whatever you have the does not fit in a baggie or do not have a baggie will not be allowed.(from what I have been noticing)
Old Aug 18, 2012, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by eyecue
Sunday is a comeback date for this rule. Have a clear kippy bag or there is going to be a problem.
Thanks for the head's up. I'll be going through GSO and it's always good to know the expectations.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 8:36 am

Programs: HA PUALANI GOLD
Originally Posted by eyecue
what is a kippy bag or did you mean a zippy bag. as i have used the zipp lock bag so if it's something new that the tsa came up with.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 8:40 am

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Kip Hawley was head of the TSA when the 3-1-1 rule was started. The bag is named for him. I always spelled it Kippie.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 9:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by bostonbreakdown
I said this in another thread, but I can only say what's going on in Boston.... The airport authority in Boston(Massport) has been supplying the passengers with baggie stations. Every checkpoint security line has a baggie station where you can pick up a baggie before you get in line. 1 baggie per person and whatever you have the does not fit in a baggie or do not have a baggie will not be allowed.(from what I have been noticing)
I wonder how much more than market rate the taxpayers are paying for these baggies.

Did Pistole just buy into a baggie company?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.