Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

Ex-Governor of AZ detained for being radiation risk

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2012, 6:12 pm
Original Poster

I know, dailymail.co.uk, but it is another example of government stupidity. And don't even get me started on the 100 mile Constitution-free zone issues

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...TION-risk.html
Old Jun 24, 2012, 6:19 pm

they should have strip searched the old fellow. He may have keistered an atomic weapon.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 9:10 pm
Suspended

I wonder if Trijicon or other tritium-containing weapon sights, wristwatches, or glow-in-the-dark keychains will trigger those.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by Caradoc
I wonder if Trijicon or other tritium-containing weapon sights, wristwatches, or glow-in-the-dark keychains will trigger those.
look in the front of my tritium night sights and smile when you see the flash...
Old Jun 24, 2012, 10:52 pm

Programs: SSSSS
This is increasingly insane. For a while, they were detaining older aircraft that had radium paint on the instrument dials when they first got their new radiation detecting toys, about 6 years ago. I thought they had grown up. Guess not.

They never bothered to stop garbage trucks carrying Toronto's garbage to Detroit landfills that set off the border alarms.

I guess retired politicians aren't a big enough revenue stream for the lobbyists.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 5:08 pm

Programs: DL, NW, HH
My cousin was stopped in Tallahassee driving down the road that passes the Capitol. He had recently had radioactive iodine thyroid treatment. Cop (or whatever type of "security" he was) was quite aggressive and accusatory.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by nachtnebel
they should have strip searched the old fellow. He may have keistered an atomic weapon.
No one ever get a strip searched. This is very serious. They cannot allowed it. Better not touching with ex-governor. Just leave him alone!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.