Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

TSA Admits $1B Nude Body Scanner Fleet Worthless (My New Video)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA Admits $1B Nude Body Scanner Fleet Worthless (My New Video)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2012, 7:41 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Talking TSA Admits $1B Nude Body Scanner Fleet Worthless (My New Video)

http://tsaoutofourpants.wordpress.co...eet-worthless/

I interviewed a real screener (er, former screener, as of today) about how often the body scanners fail. Spoiler: It's often.

--Jon
Old Apr 10, 2012, 7:45 am

I have shared this with all I know. Keep up the good work.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 9:11 am

Nice work again. Hopefully this one gets as many views as your previous video, gets some media attention, and forces Blogger Bob to write another article that doesn't deny anything.

When I heard you were doing another video I was hoping you may be trying to go through the scanners with a video recording device on your body and recording. I'm not sure if that would show a lot since it would likely have to be in a pocket, but it might silence the skeptics. I feel the lack of denial by the TSA and the fact they won't release the checkpoint security tapes says that your methods were highly successful.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 7:04 am

Slashdot just posted a link to your interview page.

Can't really begin to express how much I admire and appreciate the work you are doing for the traveling public.^^^

Thanks!
Old Apr 11, 2012, 11:30 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Thanks guys! Today was a big day hit-wise, but I'm hoping for Drudge in the morning... we'll see!

--Jon
Old Apr 12, 2012, 4:40 am

You are awesome! I am sending the link to everyone I know.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 8:19 am

Another "crude attempt?"
Old Apr 12, 2012, 10:22 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards. Tha... that's about it.
Jon, I have to make a criticism here. Please don't think that I'm not on your side, because I am, but disagree with your choice of title.

TSA is not admitting a damn thing - a disgruntled ex-TSA employee is telling you that the AIT scanners are worthless. Yes, I agree that they're worthless, but your choice of title is misleading and will only lead to Blogger Bob and other TSA spokesholes ruining your credibility by pointing out the disingenuousness of the title.

TSA has been pulling the wool over the eyes of the American people for years by using lies, exaggerations, lise of omission, and intentionally misconstrued truths. As those who wish to fight against this disgusting subterfuge, we should never stoop to the level of using such techniques ourselves, nor whould we allow our passion to become fervor and turn us into an unthinking, uncritical lynch-mob.

I want to see those infernal machines removed from our nation's airports and never used again outside of a jailhouse. But I don't think that using propoganda techniques is the way to do it.

The best way to fight deception is with truth, not with other deception, however minor.

Aside from that, nice interview and please keep up the good work pointing out the immense flaws and abuses of TSA's screening methodology.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 6:09 pm

Programs: UA GS, WN A-List, AA Exec Plat, National Emerald
The radiation has turned your hair green!
Old Apr 14, 2012, 8:29 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Good of you to get an ex-TSO admitting the problem.

It's clear to anyone who pays any attention at all at the checkpoint that the nude-o-scopes are worthless. They are fooled by everything from French cuffs to wristwatches and seem to require a pat-down a good 70% of the time pax transit them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.